How do I begin?

tipdrinker

Re: How do I begin?

Post by tipdrinker »

Sligolad wrote:Well the JKDAC32 found a new home this evening so all that's needed now is amplification!
Good to meet you TipDrinker and I expect you will get some joy as well out of the Photography threads here.
Cheers, Pearse.
Thanks a million Pearse. You are a gentleman! Yes all I need is an amp now lol. I reckon a solid state integrated amp rather than a tube amp would be a better option for me as we were discussing this evening. Other than that I'm unsure where to go from here. Perhaps a trip to Cloney's this weekend is in order!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tipdrinker wrote:
Sligolad wrote:Well the JKDAC32 found a new home this evening so all that's needed now is amplification!
Good to meet you TipDrinker and I expect you will get some joy as well out of the Photography threads here.
Cheers, Pearse.
Thanks a million Pearse. You are a gentleman! Yes all I need is an amp now lol. I reckon a solid state integrated amp rather than a tube amp would be a better option for me as we were discussing this evening. Other than that I'm unsure where to go from here. Perhaps a trip to Cloney's this weekend is in order!
excellent good choice on the dac it was a steal
solid state int will be fine

have u checked the classified section there is usually something in it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tipdrinker

Post by tipdrinker »

nige2000 wrote:
tipdrinker wrote:
Cheers, Pearse.

There's a Primare I22 integrated amp?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tipdrinker wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
tipdrinker wrote:

There's a Primare I22 integrated amp?
primare i30? aint it

no experience of its sq myself but it looks nice under the hood in the pics on the net

think pearse has/had a primare amp dunno what it was though
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tipdrinker

Post by tipdrinker »

nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tipdrinker wrote:I also found this on e-bay: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Marantz-Referenc ... 419d9707fc
the primare is dual mono so its like two integrated amps one for each speaker :)

although its impossible to judge without hearing both the marantz will likely be outclassed
tipdrinker

Post by tipdrinker »

nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

There's a few of them on eBay UK too

What's the budget ?
Coz newer certainly doesn't been better
tipdrinker

Post by tipdrinker »

well my budget is 1,000 for the whole system. I already blew straight through that with the speakers lol. I don't think I can bring myself to spend more than 1,200 max on an amp though, I don't want to make myself homeless ha ha. I've still to get cables and speaker stands on top of all this! The roksan reviews all seem good...
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'd want to hear the Primare I22 that Cloney have listed in the pre-owned section. Then again, that's based on my admiration for the I32, which many reviewers don't seem to share!

I wouldn't buy an amp without hearing it with my speakers, as IMO this is where system synergy is at its most important.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2