How do I begin?

nige2000

Re: How do I begin?

Post by nige2000 »

bust a gut laughing on this

interesting amp
what was the other amps you auditioned

have you installed the drivers for the dac?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tipdrinker

Post by tipdrinker »

yep, i think so. i can see the little green meters going up and down when i select it under audio devices but no sound.

primare i22 - good clarity but treble was a little shrill sometimes
micromega ia60 - in between the primare and arcam in terms of tone but the bass was muddy i felt (my gf agreed)
arcam something. lacked clarity in the top end, overly 'warm' which suited some music and not others, i didnt listen to this as much though. sorry i cant remember the name. it would have sat higher than the amp i have but was perhaps two generations previous.
arcam fmj a29 the 'warmth' was more refined, the low end was more present than all the others and decent treble (the winner for me)
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

tipdrinker wrote:I'm still unable to get the dac sending a signal so I've a simple line out from the sound card going at the moment. It's still very good. I'm sure sligolad will be able to help me out in this regard.
Hi TD, was out of town the weekend so just catching up.
To try and get you going have a look here for the Driver based on whichever OS you are running http://www.m2tech.biz/it/youngdsd.html
Then go here for the Young DAC Manual which has good installation guide and helps get Windows setup.http://www.twctokyo.co.jp/m2tech/Young% ... %201-0.pdf

What OS and playback software are you using?
If you have a Kernel Streaming option in your software then select that as it is often the better option.
If you are still struggling I will arrange to call round and hopefully get it going.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Ken Moreland »

Pearse, is this one of the JKDAC32's that uses a Vitus Audio chip?
Tipdrinker, check sound devices on ControlPanel/Device manager and if you see a yellow triangle and Vitus Audio , this could be the problem. First install the Young driver from here http://www.m2tech.biz/it/young.html#style and then back to control panel , select the Vitus Audio device, update driver and choose to update from drivers on the computer , find M2Tech drivers, use the Young driver and when your PC says it's not correct, keep going.
Hope this helps.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Ken's advice if you have pc should do it but if you are using an apple the young driver has problems with mavericks
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tipdrinker

Post by tipdrinker »

Got the dac working yeay, not sure what worked but something did lol. Sligolad was over to help me out, sorted me out with jayplay and some of his flac tracks which was very generous of him.hanks a mill! Now I'm sitting back enjoying all my fave tracks all over again. ahhh!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Ken's advice if you have pc should do it but if you are using an apple the young driver has problems with mavericks
keep with the times tony there's two os releases since mavericks :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tipdrinker wrote:Got the dac working yeay, not sure what worked but something did lol. Sligolad was over to help me out, sorted me out with jayplay and some of his flac tracks which was very generous of him.hanks a mill! Now I'm sitting back enjoying all my fave tracks all over again. ahhh!
that's great
the really is fantastic computer audio knowledge and help here
how are you finding Jplay any improvement for U ?
tipdrinker

Post by tipdrinker »

nige2000 wrote:
tipdrinker wrote:Got the dac working yeay, not sure what worked but something did lol. Sligolad was over to help me out, sorted me out with jayplay and some of his flac tracks which was very generous of him.hanks a mill! Now I'm sitting back enjoying all my fave tracks all over again. ahhh!
that's great
the really is fantastic computer audio knowledge and help here
how are you finding Jplay any improvement for U ?

tbh i havent used it much. i didnt notice much of a difference and it seemed to crash a fair bit. using music bee atm.