How would you build your music PC today?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: How would you build your music PC today?

Post by sima66 »

gstew wrote:Solid copper wire.

I have always gotten bright results from silver-plated copper, no matter where I used it. Never again!

Greg in Mississippi
All my wiring in my PC. battery PS. Teradak are silver-plated copper! Total around 200 feet.
I can't believe it that only on the clock to make a such a diference?!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sima66 wrote:

I have always gotten bright results from silver-plated copper, no matter where I used it. Never again!

Greg in Mississippi
All my wiring in my PC. battery PS. Teradak are silver-plated copper! Total around 200 feet.
is the clock new ? When I've done clock changes in the past it always sounded harsh to start with, just leave it playing for a few days.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:
sima66 wrote:

Greg in Mississippi
is the clock new ? When I've done clock changes in the past it always sounded harsh to start with, just leave it playing for a few days.
No, not new and it sounded excellent just with alligator wires, that's why I decided to use a "better" wire and do the permanent connection!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS