Mozart: Clarinet Quintet in A major, K. 581

markof

Re: Mozart: Clarinet Quintet in A major, K. 581

Post by markof »

This is a beaut too.

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
fergus wrote:Image

My final contribution to my current list of versions of this work. This I find to be the most “Mozartian” interpretation so far. The pace is brisk but not rushed with a very keen sense of forward momentum. The clarinet is a basset clarinet and all of the instrumentalists play superbly. To date, this one is my favourite.
I have singled out Mozart performances by l'archibudelli as those I should asap, so thanks Fergus, that is now at the top of my basket.
If you get it Seán I will be interested in your thoughts.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

markof wrote:Image

This is a beaut too.

Mark

Cheers Mark.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:Image

A very well played and somewhat poignant performance which is an unusual interpretation for this work. Things change in the final movement where most the variations are played with some gaiety.
My copy arrived today. It is a delightful performance of K. 581: full of warmth and charm, I love it.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler