Fan-less CPU cooler

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: Fan-less CPU cooler

Post by tony »

Very nice that was the one i just couldn't justify but it has to work better looking like that!
What temps does your processor run at with that Motberg? It is over the top when you consider Nigel runs no fan at all but I would prefer to be safe than sorry on the processor.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

If you run a processor only on 800 MHz, you most likely won't need a cooler at all.
It probably won't get more than lukewarm
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

At the moment with my STREACOM case pipe cooling my I3770T is not even worm.
But I remember couple years ago, when I run JPLAY in extreme, it was very hot!

I dont want to spend any money on box and cooling and also I want to be able to have that brass or copper weight on CPU so I will DYI one.
And yes definitely 800 MHz, but like Tony said better safe that sorry!

On the other side this look very tempting......nice size:
http://www.hd-plex.com/hdplex-h5-fanles ... -case.html
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
motberg

Post by motberg »

tony wrote:Very nice that was the one i just couldn't justify but it has to work better looking like that!
What temps does your processor run at with that Motberg? It is over the top when you consider Nigel runs no fan at all but I would prefer to be safe than sorry on the processor.
Hi... Sorry for the late reply,

Ambient temperature currently is around 21C, the BIOS is measuring the CPU at 33C.

I am not using a case. The room is small, has no outside windows, and normally remains closed, so not much dust accumulation. The motherboard is bolted to a sandwich of ATX project boards with Herbies soft white dots between, and this is setting on a granite plate with more soft Herbies isolation footers top and bottom. The server to DAC configuration is; Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, I5-4670t (2.3GB, 6MB L3), NOFAN CR-95c, 2x4 GB Corsair, TeraDak 210 ATX LPS with separate 5V line for a PPA V2 USB card, PPA 5V battery pack on 32GB OS SSD, PS/2 mouse, USB back-lit keyboard, on-board video (monitor is powered off during play), 256GB SSD for music (all WAV files), SSD's use PPA red thin SATA cables and PPA SSD suspension blocks, additional internal storage via a 500GB mSATA w/SAT32MSATM port-mounted adapter. WIN2012 and AO, JPlay6, JPlay Mini, Total Commander. (JPlay using Ultrastream/hibernate), PPA dual USB cable (power side disconnected), Uptone Audio REGEN, PPA Regen cable (Regen is powered by Teradak 9V 2A LPS), Tanly DDC via HDMI (Wireworld Ultraviolet 5.2, 0.3M) i2S to Audio-GD M7. The DAC, preamp, Regen LPS and DDC is powered by an Audio-GD HE-350 Regenerative power regulator.

In the summer months it gets pretty hot here, so for those days I have a 140mm SilentWings 2 mounted in 80mm thick acoustic foam powered by a separate 9V LPS available to cool the motherboard if necessary, this is basically silent and creates some air movement to make sure the MB chips have ventilation. But I have had the server running 24/7 in ambient temperatures around 32C without problems.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

motberg wrote:
tony wrote:Very nice that was the one i just couldn't justify but it has to work better looking like that!
Hi... Sorry for the late reply,

Ambient temperature currently is around 21C, the BIOS is measuring the CPU at 33C.

I am not using a case. The room is small, has no outside windows, and normally remains closed, so not much dust accumulation. The motherboard is bolted to a sandwich of ATX project boards with Herbies soft white dots between, and this is setting on a granite plate with more soft Herbies isolation footers top and bottom. The server to DAC configuration is; Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, I5-4670t (2.3GB, 6MB L3), NOFAN CR-95c, 2x4 GB Corsair, TeraDak 210 ATX LPS with separate 5V line for a PPA V2 USB card, PPA 5V battery pack on 32GB OS SSD, PS/2 mouse, USB back-lit keyboard, on-board video (monitor is powered off during play), 256GB SSD for music (all WAV files), SSD's use PPA red thin SATA cables and PPA SSD suspension blocks, additional internal storage via a 500GB mSATA w/SAT32MSATM port-mounted adapter. WIN2012 and AO, JPlay6, JPlay Mini, Total Commander. (JPlay using Ultrastream/hibernate), PPA dual USB cable (power side disconnected), Uptone Audio REGEN, PPA Regen cable (Regen is powered by Teradak 9V 2A LPS), Tanly DDC via HDMI (Wireworld Ultraviolet 5.2, 0.3M) i2S to Audio-GD M7. The DAC, preamp, Regen LPS and DDC is powered by an Audio-GD HE-350 Regenerative power regulator.

In the summer months it gets pretty hot here, so for those days I have a 140mm SilentWings 2 mounted in 80mm thick acoustic foam powered by a separate 9V LPS available to cool the motherboard if necessary, this is basically silent and creates some air movement to make sure the MB chips have ventilation. But I have had the server running 24/7 in ambient temperatures around 32C without problems.
Any pictures of the PC?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
motberg

Post by motberg »

Any pictures of the PC?[/quote]

I would say maybe a -3 on the WAF scale
caseless nofan.jpg
caseless nofan.jpg (111.48 KiB) Viewed 800 times
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

motberg wrote:Any pictures of the PC?
caseless nofan.jpg
[/quote]

Love it
I've aa nofan c 95 in my desktop PC no probs

Once underclocked you Dont need much
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

motberg wrote:Any pictures of the PC?
caseless nofan.jpg
[/quote]

Love it
I've aa nofan c 95 in my desktop PC no probs

Once underclocked you Dont need much
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Work in progres!! :)
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats complete mad insane overkill
Tony will love it