DIY Regen Battery tweak

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: DIY Regen Battery tweak

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
sima66 wrote:But the xmos need to be installed inside the DAC, right?!
JCAT stuff should be here before new year and Paul Hynes PS in january-february (at list thats the promise)! :)
Till Paul Hynes arrive, I will use Teradak for that.
Sorry Adam I forgot you are on spdif on the wadia, Maybe Nigel could come up with a plan to install a soekris dac board and usb card in that Dac:)
yes inside the dac

spdif makes everything a pain in the ass
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Interesting my Sonicweld doesn't work with JCAT Intona in the chain, even if its power consumption is between 300-500mA!!

I will make my own usb adapter, for separate power from data, using 18 gauge silver/Teflon wires.
The question is do I need the ground (-)wire along with D+ and D-?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

yes u need the gnd it is essentially signal return path
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:yes u need the gnd it is essentially signal return path
Thanks Nigel
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
sima66

Post by sima66 »

if using the JKeny mod to power the Regen, will this "resistor upgrade" (from green to amber light Regen) have any effect or no?

https://uptoneaudio.com/blogs/news/2006 ... the-latest
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sima66 wrote:if using the JKeny mod to power the Regen, will this "resistor upgrade" (from green to amber light Regen) have any effect or no?

I suspect it will make no difference as it's effect seems to be to change the resistance of the shield? & therefore effects the ground current routing?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

jkeny wrote:
sima66 wrote:if using the JKeny mod to power the Regen, will this "resistor upgrade" (from green to amber light Regen) have any effect or no?

I suspect it will make no difference as it's effect seems to be to change the resistance of the shield? & therefore effects the ground current routing?
Thanks John
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I finally found a used Regen and I JohnKeny-ied! :)
Can't be happier with the results!

Thanks again to John and Pearse for simplifying this mod to the "dummy level", so even I could understand and do it!
Just for the record, those soldering holes are much smaller than they look in the picture! I had hard time to find such tiny wire!

Imagefree screen capture softwarecertificity.com
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Great!
Running it off a LiFePo4 battery with/without concurrent charging brings a very worthwhile improvement to the sound.
I what way did you find it improved sonically?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

It's running off a LiFePo4 battery with constant charging!

I noticed much better an cleaner highs.
Honestly, I'm so happy with my system, that I could not imagine how will Regen be able to improve more! But, it did! :)
My USB chain is this:
JCAT Femto => JCATUSB cable => JCAT Intona => USB adapter (with silver wires) => Ifi 2 USB => Regen (JK moded) => USB adapter => Sonicweld => BNC/BNC adapter => Wadia.

This is the USB adapter that I made from CAT 5E Ethernet cable. Probably with better wire will sound better, but this one was the best I had at the moment!
Due to continuous USB "choo-choo train", I needed to do in the 90 degrees angle!

What would be the best wire to use for adapter?

Imageupload gambarcertificity.com