Soundtracks, any favourites/recommendations

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Adrian

Re: Soundtracks, any favourites/recommendations

Post by Adrian »

Today I had a good listen to the soundtrack to Vanilla Sky with T.Cruise ( first released December 4 2001)

Very much enjoyed listening in particular to 'Vanilla Sky' by Paul McCartney and 'Solsbury Hill' by Peter Gabriel.

Track listing

1) "All the Right Friends" by R.E.M. – 2:46
2) "Everything in Its Right Place" by Radiohead – 4:09
3) "Vanilla Sky" by Paul McCartney – 2:46
4) "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel – 4:23
5) "I Fall Apart" by Julianna Gianni (Cameron Diaz) – 3:52
6) "Porpoise Song (Theme from Head)" by The Monkees – 2:52
7) "Mondo '77" by Looper – 4:53
8) "Have You Forgotten" by Red House Painters – 5:28
9) "Directions" by Josh Rouse – 3:24
10) "Afrika Shox" by Leftfield feat. Afrika Bambaataa – 3:44
11) "Svefn-g-englar" by Sigur Rós – 7:33
12) "Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley – 4:33
13) "Can We Still Be Friends" by Todd Rundgren – 3:34
14) "4th Time Around" by Bob Dylan – 4:35
15) "Elevator Beat" by Nancy Wilson – 2:44
16) "Sweetness Follows" by R.E.M. – 4:19
17) "Where Do I Begin" by The Chemical Brothers – 6:29
18) "Elevator Beat" (ISTAR clouds mix ) by Nancy Wilson – 2:44

According to wikipedia.org....

"The soundtrack for Vanilla Sky was nominated for an Academy Award. The film's soundtrack has been subject to critical acclaim from its reviewers, being called "a music masterpiece" by The New York Times. The eclectic taste of the soundtrack has been said to be one of the reasons the movie has become a cult classic."
Let the Good Times Roll...................
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

The soundtrack to Channel Four's "Utopia" TV series is almost as disturbing and compelling as the programme itself!

I had to settle for the CD as the 2 disc ultra desirable ultra bright yellow vinyl release seems to be only given out as prizes to UK residents only. (C4 and The Guardian competitions). The programme was visually stunning with its graphic novel style and I loved the "incidental" music from the start. This is wonderful electronica and if you've seen the series the snatches of dialogue bring you right back into it. I'd recommend both the TV programme and the soundtrack.

http://www.tv.com/shows/utopia/
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:The soundtrack to Channel Four's "Utopia" TV series is almost as disturbing and compelling as the programme itself!

I had to settle for the CD as the 2 disc ultra desirable ultra bright yellow vinyl release seems to be only given out as prizes to UK residents only. (C4 and The Guardian competitions). The programme was visually stunning with its graphic novel style and I loved the "incidental" music from the start. This is wonderful electronica and if you've seen the series the snatches of dialogue bring you right back into it. I'd recommend both the TV programme and the soundtrack.

Only seeing this now! Thanks for the heads up :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Time I started listening to my vinyl horror/gothic collection again starting with this little beaut. Long after the film is forgotten about and many of them are dire, the music thankfully, and usually, are their saving grace. However here's one that trumps on both counts. Made in 1983 and featuring the music of Schubert, Bach and Delibes plus original music from Rubini & Jaeger. No never heard of them either.....

IMDb
Miriam, a centuries-old vampire, preys on urban clubgoers with her vampire lover John. When John suddenly ages and wastes away, Miriam casts her spell upon Sarah, a doctor who researches premature aging. This neo-Gothic exercise in style and atmosphere is perhaps most widely known for a lesbian sex scene involving Miriam and Sarah, played by Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon.
Last edited by cybot on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
Ivor wrote:The soundtrack to Channel Four's "Utopia" TV series is almost as disturbing and compelling as the programme itself!

http://www.banquetrecords.com/SILLP1437
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:

http://www.banquetrecords.com/SILLP1437
Ah John that's brilliant! Assumed it was one if those impossible ones to get. Thanks a million :) Hope all is well with you?
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

http://www.banquetrecords.com/SILLP1437[/quote]Buy or stream full album.

Ah John that's brilliant! Assumed it was one if those impossible ones to get. Thanks a million :) Hope all is well with you?[/quote]
Your welcome Dermot,all is well here.Hope all is well with you Dermot.That's a good show it gets mixed reviews but like music reviews
it's only someone else's opinion.You can watch Utopia season one on c4 on demand..
Last edited by jadarin on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Thanks chief, it's a great album so I might just go for second copy on big yellow vinyl!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Ivor wrote:

Thanks chief, it's a great album so I might just go for second copy on big yellow vinyl!
Your welcome Ivor..