Soundtracks, any favourites/recommendations

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Soundtracks, any favourites/recommendations

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:Fergus: you asked my opinion on this one. I'll keep it short. Get it. Fabulously dark and forboding but with a glacial beauty to the darkness.

I was delighted to discover that two of my favourite artists are actually featured on the soundtrack! Erik Skodvin and Hildur Gudnadóttir......

Thank you for that concise recommendation Dermot; enough said!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:Fergus: you asked my opinion on this one. I'll keep it short. Get it. Fabulously dark and forboding but with a glacial beauty to the darkness.

I was delighted to discover that two of my favourite artists are actually featured on the soundtrack! Erik Skodvin and Hildur Gudnadóttir......

Thank you for that concise recommendation Dermot; enough said!!
Well at least I spared you the lecture ;) Anyway I'm sure you'll find ways of giving it a listen to get a taste of what's on offer....But, really, it'll only be a taster as it's one of those pieces you've got to spend time with. Of course, that should be right up your street Fergus. Enjoy!
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof

Post by markof »

This one really grows on you.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote:Image

If I was to buy one Hans Zimmer that's not too obvious and predictable which one would recommend Mark? Vinyl of course :)

I haven't heard the one above so I'm completely in the interstellar zone!
markof

Post by markof »

cybot wrote:

If I was to buy one Hans Zimmer that's not too obvious and predictable which one would recommend Mark? Vinyl of course :)

A personal favourite the comes to mind is the Last Samurai album - old now but very strong melodically and dynamically.
For something more modern the Inception soundtrack is good with the added bonus of Johnny Marr on many of the tracks.

Don't know about vinyl availability for either album I'm afraid

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote:
cybot wrote:

A personal favourite the comes to mind is the Last Samurai album - old now but very strong melodically and dynamically.
For something more modern the Inception soundtrack is good with the added bonus of Johnny Marr on many of the tracks.

Don't know about vinyl availability for either album I'm afraid

Mark
Thanks for that Mark. Will keep an eye out for them. Interesting that you mentioned the Last Samurai soundtrack; Have you ever heard any of Akira Kurosawa's soundtracks? I'd would wholeheartedly recommend the box set below.... It's a four Lp set on the Doxy label. Not sure you can buy the set on cd but I'm sure some of them can be bought separately. As recommended as they come.....

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I really enjoyed the soundtrack when I watched the flick, I thought it really added to the whole thing.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote:

I really enjoyed the soundtrack when I watched the flick, I thought it really added to the whole thing.
Thanks for that! I've had a quick read/listen and it sounds very much the type of soundtrack I'd like. And.....it's also available on beautiful double vinyl. Yay!!!!!

I hear the film is crap. Is it?

Don't tell me! I'll watch it myself tonight. Soundtrack already on its way :)