Re: Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock

Post by joelha »

You're a good man, Pearse.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Joel
Octagon

Re: Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock

Post by Octagon »

Sligolad wrote:It allows running the Mutec off the Linear supply by unplugging the mains in and switching on the 6.3v Linear supply which I have soldered to the plus / minus out coming off the internal PS.
To go back to main supply I just disconnect the Linear and the unit is back to factory condition.
Hi Pearse,

in between I have two MC-3+ USB in use. One via USB connection reclocking the player pc and feeding via RME UCX the convolver pc and the second one reclocking right before the T+A Dac 8. The second reclocking stage adds some darkness and clarity to the room and supports slightly better recognition of, for example, single voices in a choir. Interestingly the ability to switch between 1 or 2 reclocking stages with using different SPdif inputs of my dac 8 in at the same time, makes the comparison easy by just pushing the remote button. Perfect sources like Steve Strauss "Powderhouse Road" win amazingly in dynamic and sq while middle sources are not that much different like with only one MC-3+ USB in my chain.

I would like to give your ps mod a try. Just one question to be sure: With delivering the 6V to the dc out of the powersupply there was no shorting backwords into the supply or its circuit?

If I am right the Meanwell NFM-15-5 is used and the data sheet shows a "detection circuit" on page 2 which I am not sure about: http://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/ ... rod=NFM-15

Thanks
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4