There is now a computer sitting in my hifi rack!

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sloop John B

There is now a computer sitting in my hifi rack!

Post by Sloop John B »

And now for something completely different........

I've gone from a SBT into a Naim nDAC to a Intel NUC in a silent PC casing sending quite stupendous audio data down a QED USB cable into a Hugo TT.
The data is controlled by the wonderful Roon app which sends it to HQ Player which upsamples it to 384 kHz and apples a poly-sinc-short- mp filter and then sends this on to a DAC that after 5 days continuous shuffle is beginning to live up to its reputation.

Quite different to the interface I saw in Tony's but there's more than one way to skin a cat!

I would hope to get rid of the NUC from the rack if the microRendu lives up to the hype, but until then I can post in the CA section!

SJB
nige2000

Re: There is now a computer sitting in my hifi rack!

Post by nige2000 »

Sloop John B wrote:
Quite different to the interface I saw in Tony's but there's more than one way to skin a cat!

I would hope to get rid of the NUC from the rack if the microRendu lives up to the hype, but until then I can post in the CA section!

SJB
its not real CA
till your overly obsessive and make playback really inconvenient;)

is there really a benefit in upsampling to the 3xx khz?

the urendu is still a computer as is lots of stuff so you can still post away :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

It's not computer audio if you can actually play a selection of music or indeed an entire album without tinkering. It's only computer audio if you're playing one Oscar Peterson track over and over and looking at a sea of crocodile clips.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!!

Kinda.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

nige2000 wrote:

It makes a nice big blue light on the Hugo shine!

SJB
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Sloop John B wrote:

Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Diapason wrote:It's not computer audio if you can actually play a selection of music or indeed an entire album without tinkering. It's only computer audio if you're playing one Oscar Peterson track over and over and looking at a sea of crocodile clips.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!!

Kinda.
sounds about right
its the neverending testing phase
someday ill surprise everyone and finish something and put it in a box
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sloop John B wrote:
nige2000 wrote:

SJB
upsampling to your favourite colour
thats a new one
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

nige2000 wrote: someday ill surprise everyone and finish something and put it in a box
Careful now. That's how businesses start!
jrling

Post by jrling »

It's not computer audio if you can actually play a selection of music or indeed an entire album without tinkering. It's only computer audio if you're playing one Oscar Peterson track over and over and looking at a sea of crocodile clips.
You haven't mentioned the NASA Countdown sequence of switching on the battery PSUs for each rail IN THE CORRECT ORDER to fire it up?! Not to mention the smoke arising when you don't get the order right.

So don't put it in a wooden box.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub