It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

ImageImage
Last edited by nige2000 on Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
HiFiFan

Re: It didn't explode....... YET

Post by HiFiFan »

Let us know when you plug it in :-)
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

HiFiFan wrote:Let us know when you plug it in :-)
I had it plugged in at that stage for dress rehersal
So all looks good so far
The heat sinks got slightly warm untill the cells got charged seem to remain cool even during operation after that
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

holy sh!t!!!!

Was there a brownout in the area when you hit the on switch (with a brush handle from behind the door!)
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Fran wrote:holy sh!t!!!!

Was there a brownout in the area when you hit the on switch (with a brush handle from behind the door!)
couldn't find the brush to hit the switch
so i had to use the continuity test function on the dmm to check for errors
also my life assurance might not cover stupidity .....

the 20 regs are capable of 2a at 3.3v each which i had presumed was far far beyond overkill
but to be sure to be sure to be sure and all that
cos i certainly didn't want a rebuild with higher output if i built it slightly under powered

hopefully ill get the lm3875's in and preliminary sound testing in the next couple of days
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

What are we seeing here, Nige - a battery pack feeding + & - 16V to one channel of your amp (when you connect it)?
The transformer has 10 5v independent secondaries, feeding 10 rectifiers & 10 regulators outputting 3.3V to each battery?
Is this correct?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

Fran wrote:holy sh!t!!!! Was there a brownout in the area when you hit the on switch (with a brush handle from behind the door!)
:)Similar thoughts was afraid to post in case it might encourage him to turn that on.

Is that the alternative bluesound contraption thingy??
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Where do you put the CDs in? :)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:What are we seeing here, Nige - a battery pack feeding + & - 16V to one channel of your amp (when you connect it)?
The transformer has 10 5v independent secondaries, feeding 10 rectifiers & 10 regulators outputting 3.3V to each battery?
Is this correct?
close

im working on this project slowly this last while, i had ordered a heap of cells made two 33v packs and hooked up two lm3875s to it and decided within 5 seconds this is going in a box (which is a big deal as nothing goes in a box)

each of two transformers has 10 independent 7v ac secondaries, so 20 isolated secondaries into 20 rectifiers into 20 linear regs regulated to 3.6v into diode (which is hopefully going to slow the back current discharging the cells when off to negligible levels) allowing for the 0.3v diode v drop and charging cells to 3.3v
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Diapason wrote:Where do you put the CDs in? :)
short answer is to be an amp

long answer is that its a self sustaining reference power supply providing between 0-66 v dc in 3.3v increments
suitable for all things audio:)