probably the best usb to i2s device

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: probably the best usb to i2s device

Post by nige2000 »

im headin for the shed shorty ill stick one on a board for you with the hot air
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Thanks Nige, you can have my spares as I will never be able to solder them after all.
Had a look at bending the legs in alternate directions up and down to open up the gaps for soldering but still too small for my eyes and soldering skills.

Just realized there is a similar Flip Flop on the JL Sounds USB card now that I know what I am looking at.
It is a Texas Instruments LC574A and the same small size as the Potato chip so I will bring that along tomorrow to give Tony a choice for the Lampi.
Probably not near as good as the fast Potato Chip but still a little reclocker built in on the output none the less.

Post by nige2000 »

did another for tony
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Got the Potato Flip Flop installed and another good improvement Nige, that is it for me on the upgrade path.....cannot get any better :-)))

Finally put the top on the Big7 and it is a done deal now for 2016, just going to listen to music for a while and boy does it sound good.

Turning the potato PO74G374 on the board upside down worked out good for getting short lines to the DX10 ISO 786K USB card and short lines to the DSD Board just underneath, PCM board is just under the DSD board with short lines from DSD Board to PCM board.
Got the Toroidal and 2 x 3.3v Regs installed inside the Big7 as well so all worked out nicely with not much space left.
Pic below and will add some more on the Big7 thread.

Would love to put the Big7 up against the latest and greatest Golden Gate to see where it stands!!

Post by nige2000 »

cool
dsd work?
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Yep 1x & 2x.

Post by tony »

http://www.hificollective.co.uk/wire/hg ... -05mm.html Sure this site has been found already but for a newbie like me this looks good. Is that cable suitable for i2s wiring? God left a spool of black wire that will work fine for the installation of flip/flop and usb card but is this a better option? Lots of goodies on this site.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Looks good for i2s Tony and good pricing as well, if I had it I would use it!!

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:http://www.hificollective.co.uk/wire/hg ... -05mm.html Sure this site has been found already but for a newbie like me this looks good. Is that cable suitable for i2s wiring? God left a spool of black wire that will work fine for the installation of flip/flop and usb card but is this a better option? Lots of goodies on this site.
was often tempted to make speaker cable out of this stuff
http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/ag_enamelled.html

think ken rewired his speakers with silver and liked the result
anyway could use same for i2s or even smaller
id probably have enough silver here to do that job save you the postage from uk

given the time of year it probably was father christmas that left that spool of wire :)

one of my favourite things about silver is it doesn't break with a small bit of bending like copper does
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks Nigel might take you up on that. Have ended up buying Pearse's card(well it was offered at a goodly discount!) and we went through the layout last night. Just have to either botch up a bracket to hold the xmos card in position (i.e. remove the amanero, Unfortunately the steel bracket is too small the amanero is much thinner than the xmos). Have to make sure I don't lose the paper with the diagram on it as I would be fecked without it.

That silver you linked is not teflon coated I thought it best to have that wire covered?

My xmas present hopefully should arrive soon. Anne unknowingly has bought me a secondhand TotatDac usb cable thingy.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.