probably the best usb to i2s device

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: probably the best usb to i2s device

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Thanks Nigel might take you up on that. Have ended up buying Pearse's card(well it was offered at a goodly discount!) and we went through the layout last night. Just have to either botch up a bracket to hold the xmos card in position (i.e. remove the amanero, Unfortunately the steel bracket is too small the amanero is much thinner than the xmos). Have to make sure I don't lose the paper with the diagram on it as I would be fecked without it.

That silver you linked is not teflon coated I thought it best to have that wire covered?

My xmas present hopefully should arrive soon. Anne unknowingly has bought me a secondhand TotatDac usb cable thingy.
what if you mount the usb card vertically/on its side?

ive either got silk covered silver or enamel coated silver
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:what if you mount the usb card vertically/on its side? ive either got silk covered silver or enamel coated silver
Silk man meself, No want the usb slot to go were the original is. Case can be closed and plugging and unplugging cables is not fraught with danger!
plywood or a bit of flat metal stuck to the original bracket should work fine.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
nige2000 wrote:what if you mount the usb card vertically/on its side? ive either got silk covered silver or enamel coated silver
Silk man meself, No want the usb slot to go were the original is. Case can be closed and plugging and unplugging cables is not fraught with danger!
plywood or a bit of flat metal stuck to the original bracket should work fine.
not what i meant

will i post a meter of wire then?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

That would be great. No I want the usb cable connector sitting in the same spot as amanero. Sticking out the back in the hole cut in the case so plugging unplugging is as per now. I don't want to butcher the case (it is an LZ work of art would be a shame to disfigure it!)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:That would be great. No I want the usb cable connector sitting in the same spot as amanero. Sticking out the back in the hole cut in the case so plugging unplugging is as per now. I don't want to butcher the case (it is an LZ work of art would be a shame to disfigure it!)
dont think were on the same page.....

will i send up some wire?
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I have some Teflon sheathed silver wire spare too and you're welcome to it. Call round and it's yours. KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:dont think were on the same page.....will i send up some wire?
Put on my glasses and see what now what you are suggesting!! Yeah might work will check again. Yes great happy to take a bit.

Ta Ken when I burn up all Nigels will be straight down.
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Someone on another forum wants to know if a flip flop setup would work going from i2s to spdif...
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

wushuliu wrote:Someone on another forum wants to know if a flip flop setup would work going from i2s to spdif...
have you a link so i get the context?

should function at least
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

nige2000 wrote:
wushuliu wrote:Someone on another forum wants to know if a flip flop setup would work going from i2s to spdif...
have you a link so i get the context?

should function at least
At head-fi. They want to take i2s from a Singxer F1 usb to i2s/spdif converter and use a wm8804 to convert... Seems plausible

http://www.head-fi.org/t/829639/usb-str ... -for-me/90
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251