microrendu

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Crom

microrendu

Post by Crom »

Just wondering whether we can all retire from burning holes in the carpet. Has anyone heard one, or better still compared one to a fully tricked out audio PC?
nige2000

Re: microrendu

Post by nige2000 »

Crom wrote:Just wondering whether we can all retire from burning holes in the carpet. Has anyone heard one, or better still compared one to a fully tricked out audio PC?
Have you seen our sd card player interpretations?
Much less problems to fix :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
rab

Post by rab »

FWIW, I have one on order.... I'll post here when I've had a chance to assess it.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

rab wrote:FWIW, I have one on order.... I'll post here when I've had a chance to assess it.

What equipment are you going to use it with and which of the 5 outputs are you going to use?

SJB
rab

Post by rab »

Sloop John B wrote:
rab wrote:FWIW, I have one on order.... I'll post here when I've had a chance to assess it.

What equipment are you going to use it with and which of the 5 outputs are you going to use?
Will start with squeezelite and mpd modes, but plan to explore HQP /NAA.

I will be powering it with a js-2 supply modified with Hashimoto iron and new ps caps.

This into 4 possible dacs (including a Soekris being built), then into modified line magnetic 518IA amp into diy 4 way horn based speakers...
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

rab wrote:
Sloop John B wrote:

Will start with squeezelite and mpd modes, but plan to explore HQP /NAA.

I will be powering it with a js-2 supply modified with Hashimoto iron and new ps caps.

This into 4 possible dacs (including a Soekris being built), then into modified line magnetic 518IA amp into diy 4 way horn based speakers...
What will you be using as reference source for comparison
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
rab

Post by rab »

At the moment I am using an Intel atom motherboard with the SoTM usb pcie card and the separate click upgrade board, both powered with the JS-2, a jcat or curious sub cable to an Intona isolator, and the curious regen link to my dacs.
rab

Post by rab »

Oh, and software is Linux snakeoil, also I have wtfplayer and Windows server 2012 with jplay, jriver. Also a second pc to do the jplay two pc thing.
motberg

Post by motberg »

Thanks! Looking forward to your comments......
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Well were you in the June batch and what do you think of it?

SJB