jriver

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
bonenut

jriver

Post by bonenut »

i just downloaded the free trial of jriver and am impressed.i used itunes for as long as i can remember but recently received some highres 192 khz audio and other types and re ripped all my music to alac.but when played in itunes to my dac it never changed the dac input(the dac always displayed 192khz,as its set like that)but when i play in jriver ever time i change from 192 to 96 to 44 khz the dac reads it and changes the front panel to match the song on jriver.is itunes doing it own thing and resampling things..i am new to all this type of stuff.

any help is appreciated.cheers.
randytsuch

Re: jriver

Post by randytsuch »

Most people here don't use jriver, hence the lack of responses.

I have a SD card player, so no PC used during playback. The SDTrans384.

I used to use MQN, and liked it. But it doesn't do hi rez, unless its has been added since I stopped using it. He was working on hi rez.

wtfplay is also popular now. Its relatively new, and I haven't tried it.

There are threads on both of these here. lekt player also has a long thread.
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
meep

Re: jriver

Post by meep »

Not clear on exactly the question but it sounds like jriver is behaving as expected, outputting the content at the native sampling rate.

You can set it to upsample but would you want to?

I used it for a while and found it very powerful and flexible. Stopped using as it just didn't fit with the rest of my setup.