Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

I have a friend who, after a long absence from playing, has bought himself another guitar and amp and he is currently learning, from what I can see, the entire back catalogue of Guns 'N' Roses songs....so I am a bit more familiar with this music Dave than normal.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:I have a friend who, after a long absence from playing, has bought himself another guitar and amp and he is currently learning, from what I can see, the entire back catalogue of Guns 'N' Roses songs....so I am a bit more familiar with this music Dave than normal.
you have impeccable taste in friends so Fergus! :-)
I remember back on the old forum that Lars was very fond of that Appetite for Desctruction album. When I heard of his passing yesterday I decided to give it a spin.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:I remember back on the old forum that Lars was very fond of that Appetite for Desctruction album. When I heard of his passing yesterday I decided to give it a spin.
Very nice thought Dave.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared

Post by Jared »

just for your interest, Fergus and Sean may be surprised to learn that I remember seeing Metallica at Birmingham Hippodrome in September 1986 on the Master of Puppets tour, only 6 days before Cliff Burton was killed in the crash in Denmark... ;-(( The gig itself was remarkable, in that James Hetfield performed with his arm in plaster, owing to a freak skateboard accident the week before, and a roadie played guitar instead... anyway, this isn't a section that I tend to post in these days, but I just wanted to let you know that I did have a 'youth' (no jokes please...) many years ago... :-)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Jared wrote:just for your interest, Fergus and Sean may be surprised to learn that I remember seeing Metallica at Birmingham Hippodrome in September 1986 on the Master of Puppets tour, only 6 days before Cliff Burton was killed in the crash in Denmark... ;-(( The gig itself was remarkable, in that James Hetfield performed with his arm in plaster, owing to a freak skateboard accident the week before, and a roadie played guitar instead... anyway, this isn't a section that I tend to post in these days, but I just wanted to let you know that I did have a 'youth' (no jokes please...) many years ago... :-)
I was a big Metallica head up until 3 or 4 years ago Jared. My tastes as others here will have noticed have mellowed quite a bit since then!
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Dave is getting older and more cultured....but has the occasional lapse!!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

A blast from the past....Fairport Convention: What we did on our Holidays....

fergus

Post by fergus »

An old favourite of mine....

mick

Post by mick »

I listened to the 'Second Coming' by the 'Stone Roses' last night.
I had forgotten just how good this album is.