Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by Derek »

I just pulled the trigger on a few from there very easy site to get around I wish more were so user friendly.
Any hic-ups on this end of delivery, how long for delivery?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:I just pulled the trigger on a few from there very easy site to get around I wish more were so user friendly.
Any hic-ups on this end of delivery, how long for delivery?

See my reply to Sean above abou them wanting paypal or a money order.. it's no hassle to put them straight!

My order went in on the 9th and FedEx were at my house on the 15th - I wasn't there so only got delivery on the 17th! That T Model Ford "Ladies Man" is there as well for $5 and if I was more alert at the time I would have got you one too but I wasn't!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

For mid summer day....

....transported back to another time, another place, another worlds........
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:For mid summer day....

Lovely sentiments there Fergus. Oh and it looks like an original Electra! Enjoy the longest Day....
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
fergus wrote:For mid summer day....

Lovely sentiments there Fergus. Oh and it looks like an original Electra! Enjoy the longest Day....
Cheers Dermot. That photo is from Google Images but the label is the same as my copy.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Decided to delve a little deeper into the rarely played section and found this record gathering dust. God only knows where I picked it up! I'm sure somebody from here can shed a light on this guy?
The guests include Robbie Brennan,Anto Drennan,Agnes Bernell,Deke O'Brien....

Stano - Only (1989) on Mother Records
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Decided to delve a little deeper into the rarely played section and found this record gathering dust. God only knows where I picked it up! I'm sure somebody from here can shed a light on this guy?

I remember Stano well, really nice guy. Late 80s early-mid 90s was his era but he's been quietly releasing albums ever since, I think we're up to 11 now! His "big" (i.e. successful commercially /critically - I'm open to correction on that) release was called "Wreckage" which I think I have on CD. An interesting twist on electronica with a dose of good old rock in there. I saw a photo of him only two weeks ago in the company of some musical mutual mates and he hadn't crossed mind in ages... funny old world eh?

he released an album last September called "Decoder" and here's an hour long movie of the launch in Meeting House Square. Enjoy.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

A present from my son for Father's Day. The 2 disc vinyl release :)

I already had the CD copy but it left me kinda cold. This, despite being the exact same recordings, is engaging and authentically live - i.e. just a bit "raw" where the CD was too clean.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Decided to delve a little deeper into the rarely played section and found this record gathering dust. God only knows where I picked it up! I'm sure somebody from here can shed a light on this guy?

I remember Stano well, really nice guy. Late 80s early-mid 90s was his era but he's been quietly releasing albums ever since, I think we're up to 11 now! His "big" (i.e. successful commercially /critically - I'm open to correction on that) release was called "Wreckage" which I think I have on CD. An interesting twist on electronica with a dose of good old rock in there. I saw a photo of him only two weeks ago in the company of some musical mutual mates and he hadn't crossed mind in ages... funny old world eh?

he released an album last September called "Decoder" and here's an hour long movie of the launch in Meeting House Square. Enjoy.

Thanks a million for that Ivor. I actually have the review of Wreckage stuck inside the cover! It gets a 10/12 rating. And would believe I found another of his albums! It's called "Content to write in I dine Weathercraft" Probably his first album....

So he's up to 11 now. Good on him. Thanks for the video. Will watch it later....