Laryzh RIP

Fran
Site Admin

Laryzh RIP

Post by Fran »

Its with great sadness that I report the death of Laryzh. Many of you will remember Lars from the last forum:

http://notices.irishtimes.com/3083476

I met Lars a few times, and had spoke with him around September. He was one of nature's true gents, a lovely lovely fella, who loved his SME and Linn TTs and had an appreciation of many different types of music. Remember how many of those close up pics of album covers he used to get in the pics thread on the old forum?

Anyway, Lars got a sudden bad cancer diagnosis, and was not in great physical shape when I last spoke to him in September. When we talked he told me he had come to terms with the diagnosis, and had no fear for himself, but of course was distraught at the grief that his family and partner would have to go through. He really was quite a remarkable person, I don't know how he did it. I can tell you, as I'm sure many others here can too, cancer is a terrifying thing. I was practically in tears as he told me in hushed tones that he hoped to see Christmas and to spend as long as possible at home... the hushed tones were so that his partner in the next room wouldn't hear him talking about it and be upset..... even amid the sadness, his thoughts were of those close to him.

Sadly as you can see from the obit, he didn't make Christmas.

Lars, I raise a glass to you, I hope you are happy where you are now and can get to enjoy great analogue. May your anti-skate always be accurate and your needle be finely aligned in the groove.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Re: Laryzh RIP

Post by Ivor »

I'm really sorry to hear this, as you say Fran Lars was a really lovely guy.
I should tell you all that Lars sent me a PM last year explaining how he hadn't been around for a while due to his illness and how the friendliness and banter on the (old) forum provided him with a great outlet for his hifi hobby. He wrote of how much he enjoyed the ability to discuss hifi and other nonsense when he could no longer get around as much as he would have liked.
Lars stressed to me how he had come to terms with his illness and it's inevitable end and he came across as a man who had made his peace with the world and was not upset or depressed about what his future held.
Lars' passing is a very sad loss and he will be missed in our small community.
RIP.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

What very sad news. RIP Lars.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
JFK

Post by JFK »

A sad Day , Thoughts go his Family .......
tony

Post by tony »

That is very sad news.Thoughts with his family, I hope they come to terms with it over time. It is terrible that any person or family have to go through that much pain and suffering. RIP
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Very shocked and sadened to hear this news. I knew he has suffering from some sort of illness last year but I had no idea it was so serious. RIP Laryzh.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Very saddened to hear the news about Laryzh. I did not know him personally, and what little I did know of him was through the old forum. From the link Fran gave I am shocked that he was so young to undergo such misfortune.

I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to all of this family and friends.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
b318isp

Post by b318isp »

Jeesh, I'm only seeing this now. I can't believe it. I knew of Lars through my BMW interests and this comes as a great shock. RIP.
fergus

Post by fergus »

I too was unfortunately aware of how ill larzy was and, although I never met him in person, I did share some craic with him on the old forum. He was a genuinely nice guy and I too have, since I heard of his situation, admired his inner strength and lack of bitterness with the cards that he was dealt. I really feel for his partner and family and I can only hope that his memory will get them through his passing.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DavidMc

Post by DavidMc »

Very sad to hear about Lars, met him a couple of years back and spent a while chatting about things as you do, a good guy. Cancer really is no respecter of age or health or character.
The whole place is a complete mess. Can't find anything. Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!