Lampizator big 7 no audio out

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
iain

Lampizator big 7 no audio out

Post by iain »

So I finally got my shiny new Lampi. I also bought the second hand Item Audio T1 with a SOTM usb card, but I am not getting any music.

Forget the SOTM card for now it isn't working, but the rest of the USB connections are, although not with the Lampi.

I have installed the Amanero drivers on 3 different computers, they are outputting and supposedly seeing the dac. I am using a generic usb2 cable.

I sent the dac to the uk service centre who found nothing wrong and had it playing fine. Wish i had gone with it and taken my PC.

Unless i have missed a setting in one of the computers. I can only conclude it is the usb cable, but i have also tried one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-5m-8-Core-P ... 2a4e02d07f

I am using J river media centre 20 and have tried both the combo 384 asio and the Amanero usb driver 1.0.57 WASAPI. I have tried using different media players and tested the phono cables on another source.

The tubes are glowing and usb is selected (by the front button on my r2r version)

Can anyone help please, please, please!
nige2000

Re: Lampizator big 7 no audio out

Post by nige2000 »

its highly unlikely its the usb cable
only time i seen a usb not functionally working is a broken wire

start with the simple stuff i suppose

assume your using windows?
have you selected the amanero as your default audio device ?

your in ireland ?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
iain

Post by iain »

Hi Nige

I am in England.yes win 8.1. Amanero selected and showing an output. I have tried usb driver 1.056 and 1.057, currently trying it on direct sound. Also tried with VLC.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

hmmn....
not gonna be easy

any chance of getting a lend of another dac with an amanero in it
just to test the pc

the amanero drivers seemed to be reliable enough

whats the resolution capability 32bit/384 khz?
maybe try a variety of resolutions

pearse should be along in a while im sure with some first hand experience
does sorta point to the dac which is weird....
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Which Big7 do you have Iain?
Does it have remote control with volume control?

Most issues are generally related to Big7 with remote and volume control, there are several options on the remote.

Post by iain »

Hi
it is a r2r se no pre amp. I am only using VLC now to keep it simple

The dac (shows as Amanero USB) is the default device and is showing a level going up and down when i play a tune.

I have checked the phono leads and amp, which are not a problem. :(
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I assume you've gone through the simple stuff, like the DAC is set to the correct input, or the DAC is expecting DSD rather than PCM or vice versa? Sorry if this is insulting, I actually know nothing about this DAC other than seeing on other forums that some have struggled a bit with settings. I'm basically just hoping it's something really simple yet easy to overlook.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I see the manual is pretty adamant that USB2 is required and standard cables or cables with ferrites won't work. I can see why you suspect the cable now.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

THE RING BUTTON
In all DACs up to serial #500 the ring button used to be just the mains power switch.
Recently we started using the ring for other purposes, namely - for whatever we think will
be most useful (in non-volume DACs).
If your DAC is a non-volume type (without display) the ring button can be:
1. Power button if there is no power toggle at the back right next to the IEC AC power inlet
socket. This comes PER REQUEST ONLY as 99% of DACs the ring button does USB.
2. USB to NON-USB switch.
3. DSD to non-DSD switch on dacs equipped with DSD separate engine. DSD must be
selected by hand.
4. Other, but only if agreed with the user. Like SPDIF - TOSLINK or MUTE
iain

Post by iain »

Thanks for all your help.

I went to a friends house tonight with the dac and the pc.

We installed the Amanero drivers on his pc and a glorious sound came out of his hifi via my Lampi! We then tried my pc with the lamp, but without making any changes to how I had set it up and again the music flowed.

Vey strange! So back home: Unfortunately my dog freaked at the fireworks and pulled my speaker over pulling out and trashing the cables. So i cannot check if just moving the dac has done something or it doesn't like my preamp.

The only diffrence I thought I could see was that the tubes appeared to be brighter in their glow and I had not flipped them to the 300b setting.

More tomorrow!