Naked Portafilter

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
nige2000

Re: Naked Portafilter

Post by nige2000 »

tweber wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm
tony wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:15 pm Rocket Giotto or ECM machine really badly needed here as well! Have finally done the pressure adjustment on the Gaggia and the last batch of beans were a lot better. Maybe I am starting to figure out the roasting. Portafilter is now generally working a treat after some spray tanning issues! I agree re doserless I got the doser Rocky as I reckoned the doserless would be too messy but I see your point if only making for one you can just grind sufficient with the doser. Shane maybe take that in to consideration.
Cheers Tony for your advice. Doserless was initially my gut feeling too but fairly expensive. I did come across this today though. Worth looking at if the price is still available??
https://www.coffeeitalia.ie/rocky-doserless.html
thats prob as good a value as it gets,
a doser isnt the end of the world its just not necessary
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm
tweber wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm
tony wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:15 pm Rocket Giotto or ECM machine really badly needed here as well! Have finally done the pressure adjustment on the Gaggia and the last batch of beans were a lot better. Maybe I am starting to figure out the roasting. Portafilter is now generally working a treat after some spray tanning issues! I agree re doserless I got the doser Rocky as I reckoned the doserless would be too messy but I see your point if only making for one you can just grind sufficient with the doser. Shane maybe take that in to consideration.
Cheers Tony for your advice. Doserless was initially my gut feeling too but fairly expensive. I did come across this today though. Worth looking at if the price is still available??
https://www.coffeeitalia.ie/rocky-doserless.html
thats prob as good a value as it gets,
a doser isnt the end of the world its just not necessary
+1 probably the best price you are going to get for a new one.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:58 pm this is how i try to kombat the naked portafilter spray

this shot pulled much too fast, but you get the idea

have a nepresso collecting dust, only pulled a few dozen shots if anyone wants it
Do something similar but finding if I get the tamp right and right amount of coffee I am getting just the nice single trail into the cup. Ken made me by a scales but I am too lazy to use it.

My main problem was the portafilter, I just needed to tighten it more to stop most of the mess. Maybe the rubber seal is a bit worn or the puck just ends up slightly off centre went tightened up properly
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:25 pm Going in the opposite direction Ivor myself always trying to make it more awkward! I was also investigating the PID diy option for the Classic. But I think I need to do a class first to understand a bit more about the barista game. Also intend to go Ken's popcorn maker(roasting) and green bean route.
Tony, I have one of those LIDL popcorn machines that also does a bit of coffee roasting on teh side (it's actually never seen popcorn). It's been lying idle for quite some time so it's yours if you want it.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:39 pm
tony wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:25 pm Going in the opposite direction Ivor myself always trying to make it more awkward! I was also investigating the PID diy option for the Classic. But I think I need to do a class first to understand a bit more about the barista game. Also intend to go Ken's popcorn maker(roasting) and green bean route.
Tony, I have one of those LIDL popcorn machines that also does a bit of coffee roasting on teh side (it's actually never seen popcorn). It's been lying idle for quite some time so it's yours if you want it.
Thanks Ivor will give it a blast. One of the Hinari ones I got has given up the ghost already. I thought Ken was mad suggesting using 3 popcorn makers to roast the bins but I see now where he is coming from. Because you can only roast a small amount of beans at a time one might as well have a few machines on the go to try and shorten the process. I think I will be putting a proper roaster on the xmas wishlist.

BTW Did you get your invite for the Listening Suite for next Tuesday?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:15 am BTW Did you get your invite for the Listening Suite for next Tuesday?
I did indeed... I presume I'll see you there?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 pm
tony wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:15 am BTW Did you get your invite for the Listening Suite for next Tuesday?
I did indeed... I presume I'll see you there?
Yep should be good if a little out of the my price range