Turntable '78

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
musiclover

Turntable '78

Post by musiclover »

Morning Lads,I looking for some advice.I want to buy my first turntable(new or used) to try vinyl.I have a have a few requirements ,must play 78s,nice design and as much upgrade ability as possible incase the I get addicted.I would welcome any ideas....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gerry D

Re: Turntable '78

Post by Gerry D »

Hi Music Lover
The 78 RPM requirement narrows the field.
2 spring to mind immediately - Clearaudio Concept [new] & Lenco 75 used classic.
After that there are classic idlers like Thorens and Garrards which go for big money in good condition.

As it happens I have the following available [going to advertise them very soon]:
_Lenco 75 in fantastic original condition. It's a cracker! Lovely player from the get go and a tweakers delight.
_Rega RP6, near mint, but no 78 RPM

_Nearly new Clearaudio Concept MC cartridge - about 40 hours max on it and a bargain.
_Ortofon 2M Blue MM cartridge with brand new and unused stylus.

Happy to discuss if you want to drop me a PM

Cheers
Gerry
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
musiclover

Post by musiclover »

Hi Gerry ,thanks for taking the time to respond I was thinking myself Clearaudio Concept but I had feedback from a friend that has one who religiously cleans his vinyl that it's noisy.Thanks for the pointers Alan

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

itd be hard to beat a lenco - you might improve the plinth or arm in years to come, but the basic drive system is excellent and stands up there with the best.
Do or do not, there is no try
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

love my lenco hybrid :)
musiclover

Post by musiclover »

Many thanks lads for the Lenco advice it's one I hadn't really consider.Thanks for taking the time to reply