Music Room Glasgow pics

nige2000

Music Room Glasgow pics

Post by nige2000 »

ImageImage
ImageImage
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Diapason

Re: Music Room Glasgow pics

Post by Diapason »

Ooooh, Gryphon and Burmester are very high on my fantasy lists. Did you get to hear any of this stuff?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Sends a little shiver down my spine looking at those pictures, I came very very close to travelling over there with Seb a couple of years back to listen to and purchase those Zingali Evo 20 speakers in the third picture down..........
The invitation included hearing these at the owners house.

Post by Diapason »

Ah go on. You haven't bought new speakers in AGES, Pearse... ;)
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

YAMAHA A-U670
YAMAHA CD-NT670D
Zingali Zero Bookshelf speakers

was the only combo i heard,
sounded much better than i had expected,
but more importantly the type of sound was right up my street, fast, accurate and airy with fantastic depth
was really hoping to hear the ZINGALI Twenty Evo 1.2 after hearing the bookshelves

To be honest I had a real bad experience there,
with the quality of the equipment i had thought i was in for a real treat
Think the guy was Jack Lawson,
i'm sure the guy really knows his stuff but i couldnt believe how rude the guy was
looked down his nose at me since i went in

I think i got pigeon holed at low price range or tyre kicker
i managed to shrug off the odd snide comment but when i asked to hear the twenty evo 1.2
he started making up excuses, he had emails to reply too, invoices to finish etc
truth was it was all hooked up all he had to do is turn it on and walk away

dunno if i was supposed to show the colour of my green on arrival, but i felt quite unwelcome
i knew then i couldn't bring myself to buy anything from him even if i found something i really liked
so i told him i was leaving

also heard some uninspiring stuff in Glasgow audio
but the staff were pleasant

loud and clear are closed on mondays so missed out on that
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

Never ceases to amaze me how they can afford to behave like this. Although it's happened to me, when I was younger, in places much closer to home ;)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That's unfortunate alright. In this day and age, I think the bricks and mortar guys should probably be a little more careful. I'm sure they get a shitload of tyre-kickers and time-wasters, but since everyone has access to the internet and info is easily shared, it can be easy to get a bad rep...
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:YAMAHA A-U670
YAMAHA CD-NT670D
Zingali Zero Bookshelf speakers

was the only combo i heard,
sounded much better than i had expected,
but more importantly the type of sound was right up my street, fast, accurate and airy with fantastic depth
was really hoping to hear the ZINGALI Twenty Evo 1.2 after hearing the bookshelves

To be honest I had a real bad experience there,
with the quality of the equipment i had thought i was in for a real treat
Think the guy was Jack Lawson,
i'm sure the guy really knows his stuff but i couldnt believe how rude the guy was
looked down his nose at me since i went in

I think i got pigeon holed at low price range or tyre kicker
i managed to shrug off the odd snide comment but when i asked to hear the twenty evo 1.2
he started making up excuses, he had emails to reply too, invoices to finish etc
truth was it was all hooked up all he had to do is turn it on and walk away

dunno if i was supposed to show the colour of my green on arrival, but i felt quite unwelcome
i knew then i couldn't bring myself to buy anything from him even if i found something i really liked
so i told him i was leaving

also heard some uninspiring stuff in Glasgow audio
but the staff were pleasant

Did you went in without your audiophile boots?! :) probably that was the reason!

Similar thing happened to one of my friends, but in the Volvo dealership.
He's young and rich(how nice that sounds) and he wanted to buy the newest Volvo SUV (over $100,000CAD) for his wife's birthday. Since he received the same treatment like Nigel did, in the end he went to another town and ordered there!
Now he's waiting for the SUV to arrive and then visit this first dealership......for an oil change maybe! :)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Diapason wrote:That's unfortunate alright. In this day and age, I think the bricks and mortar guys should probably be a little more careful. I'm sure they get a shitload of tyre-kickers and time-wasters, but since everyone has access to the internet and info is easily shared, it can be easy to get a bad rep...
hard to imagine many time-wasters going in there its a bit off the beaten track
unlike were the listening suite was or Clooney's here it is very unlikely to get guys going in for a browse while the wife is across the street shopping
so anyone arriving at the music room door most likely has made a point of been there
can't think of any excuse for treating customers that way
so ive no sympathy whatsoever....

done a bit of investigation since and it seems hes difficult to deal by times
and apparently the only distributor for zingali in the uk
so options are very much limited for prospective zingali buyers
i didnt get to hear them and will be unlikely to either unless i travel further
pity though i guess the bigger models would have been good
block

Post by block »

nige2000 wrote:
Was in loud and clear about a year ago and really nice guys in there and in Glasgow audio as well but like you said nothing really interested me though they had the new focal range there. Was mesmerised by the gyrodec spinning away, I swear I must've looked like a fish out of water.