FORUM UPDATE

Fran
Site Admin

FORUM UPDATE

Post by Fran »

Hi all,

I need to do an update on the forum software - hoping to do this tomorrow night. If all goes well, we should only be off the air for an hour or so. This is a fairly major update, so bear in mind that some extensions may not work - I'm particularly thinking of tapatalk and youtube tags. If there's issues, we'll try to get them fixed right away.

Cheers all,

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Re: FORUM UPDATE

Post by Diapason »

Cheers Fran!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

You guys might notice that the usual "look" will change - I'll need to disable the current theme for the update. Once the process is underway you won't have access to the forum

fingers crossed!!!

Fran
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

good luck
tony

Post by tony »

Yuk where is our old fashioned oirish site look gone to ?????? Forum heaven?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Working on it tony!!

I think I need to find the header file and do a hack on it - but tis years since I did this so it will likely stay as is for now.

Tapatalk is also now updated - tapatalk users might post and let me know if its working?

Theres also a new button when you are posting a reply to a thread "media embed" - its like a little screen. You can directly embed links from lots of media providers like youtube (Ive kept the older tags as well) vimeo and so on.

The whole thing has a new look that I'm not just crazy about, but the old php version was becoming a liability and a security risk. Better to update and we'l fix up the hopefully minor issues as we go along.

fran
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Logo fixed - that should be us back up ang running properly. You might have to do a hard refresh to see it (shift+f5 on windows, cmd+f5 on mac)

If anyone spots anything, post here/let me know

fran
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Well done Fran. The new layout may take a bit of getting used to, but I don't hate it!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Your efforts are appreciated Fran, you never know what you're getting with these updates.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

looking good :)