Seas Diamond Dome Tweeters

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Seas Diamond Dome Tweeters

Post by Fran »

Theres a few of us around Naas/Newbridge Alan.... Must get together soon....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:50 pm Theres a few of us around Naas/Newbridge Alan.... Must get together soon....
I

Fran
And some of us will happily travel!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Saxman wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:20 pm Hi Nig
Yes that's the one interesting is a understatement in my view.
Regards
Alan
ha ha
I thought "these are not cheap " was the understatement
I really wouldn't doubt there influence as a game changer
I certainly wouldn't mind hearing them
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Hi Nige,
Yes they are expensive and that no doubt will put a lot of people off. But they are something else and at the end of the day it's up to the individual as to what he wants and the personal satisfaction of the same. No doubt they won't appeal to everyone bu they sure as hell are a game changer. Your welcome anytime.
Regards
Alan
Derek

Post by Derek »

I was over in Newbridge visiting the ART 8.3 Alnico Signature Speakers following a kind invitation from Alan. (BTW; Alan was with us on our old forum and has only recently found us again, nice to have a returning member).
He has put together a hell of a system.
The ART's deliver whatever gets to them in spades, seamless top to bottom, no harshness or edge, no distortion or lagging, they sound every bit as good as they look.

I brought along some records; Larry John Wilson, Muddy Waters, Shelby Lynne, The Staple Singers, Issac Hayes, David Essex... I was very impressed, the grip and delivery is excellent, slam, attack, shimmer, controlled decay, with dynamics to die for.

These aren't shy, snare drums have a real snap, rim shots are quick and precise to the degree you can tell if the rim is metal or wood, tom toms are believable, delivered with punch and power, kick drums are not only heard but felt, nice.
But the vocals are the thing to make you sit up and take real notice, Larry John Wilson was in the room front and centre, (considering he's been dead a few years now, was some trick).

So by now you know it's not just the speakers but the whole system that delivers.
All top notch equipment, the Mastersound 845 mono blocks are Class A, 50 watt, with real heft and grip and never a sign of being stretched. (they each weight 34KG).
The TT a; System Deck Signature, made form a single aluminium billet, Alan says it's a two man lift, I believe him, a wonderful Audio origami 12" Tone Arm with the very impressive Dynavector XV1t Cartridge, feeding into an Aesthetix Rhea Phono stage. Heady stuff.

I was more than happy to spend plenty of time deeply analysing, soundstage, speed, attack, yakety yakety, etc...

No bones about it, this is a very good system.

Many thanks to Alan allowing this reprobate into his home and letting me loose.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Now I just WANT! It sounds like a great system (no pun intended) and it's great to hear there are lads out there ploughing their own audio furrow... great to know Alan was one of the "old guard" too... welcome back Alan.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That description sounds right up my street! Great stuff.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Saxman

Post by Saxman »

A note to thank Derek for a honest positive review on my set up. He said that it is the overall system that produces the sound and he is quite correct. However I must add that the sound achieved from the system has been hugely improved by the addition of the diamond tweeters.
Prior to the installation of the diamond tweeters the tweeters I place were Alnico tweeters and these I can assure you are no slouches.
The sound was excellent and nothing prepaired me for the total game change when those diamond tweeters were installed.
It is not only an improvement in the high frequencies the total sound band changed ,that is why the crossover units were changed to match all the drivers in the loudspeaker.
It is indeed a long road to achieve the sound one wants in any audio system and not always a easy path.
I had huge problems in the beginning ,my room is small and to be honest I was beginning to think the speakers were to large for the room.
Perseverance prevailed and I installed acoustic pannelling using rock wool covered with material, that improved things dramatically in particular getting rid of bass boom.
Next was the phono stage .A Dynavector xv1t is a very difficult cartridge to match by way of impedance. The booklet says anything above 75 ohms ,it is running at 500 ohms.
I tired step up transformers ,Dynavector 75 mk3 and bit the bullet and bought the Aesthetix Rhea this beast has ten valves and a punch to be believed.
Then as said the diamond tweeters.
Therefore I believe I have reached what I want and I know that anything else purchased would have to be huge and the difference would be subtle.
One thing I would say is seek advice I know I could never have done this on my own, advice from Frank a member and a friend in Scotland Paul Bird who managed a audio business was crucial in getting there,last but not least the Dunlop brothers who never ever tried to push a sale but offered constructive advice on the suitability of loudspeakers and turntables.
As I said before anyone who wants to hear these tweeters s welcome they need to be heard to be believed,expensive they are but worth it for the sheer listening pleasure they bring.