Audirvana problem.

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Friendlyfire

Audirvana problem.

Post by Friendlyfire »

Hi guys, I am having a wee problem with Audirvana Plus and hope someone out there may come to my rescue.
Firstly I have recently got a new iMac recently and got the older Mac's info and everything on it migrated across by the suppliers.
Everything works pretty much as normal including I tunes with my substantial music Library.
Audirvana plus though is the exception and I suspect it may have to do with' new computer 'equals 'new and therefore second licence.'
I have followed all the normal steps as before on my old Mac and everything is connecting fine including syncing with
my dac up to a point. Airplay is disconnected, I go to Preferences, Audio System, Preferred Audio Device ( COMBO 384 Amanero) then I go to play a track in iTunes and the syncing stalls with ' initialising Audio device" now appearing in the Audirvana player window. Then Nada, nothing. whereas before we had Audirvana Nirvana thanks to John's dac etc. I will probably go ahead and contact the software supplier but having fully paid already am nervous of having to shell out again for something I already own. Hence my request. Thanks,
Yours in hope, Eoin.
nige2000

Re: Audirvana problem.

Post by nige2000 »

did u try a reinstall?

there shouldnt be an issue using your old license

does it think its playing after saying initialising Audio device?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Friendlyfire

Post by Friendlyfire »

Thanks Nice for such a quick reply, the track continues on iTunes but hasn't made the integration just remains with said statement with nothing else
happening. Hmmm, a reinstall, sounds like a good idea. Would that be deleting software and re applying to supplier or what? Thanks again.
Eoin.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

just download the "trial" software and reinstall
trial software is just the software without certificate

your licence certificate is on your mac and will self validate
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Friendlyfire

Post by Friendlyfire »

Thanks again, will try over the weekend, looks initially like liecence hasn't migrated across to new computer which might be the problem.
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

I had the exact same issue with Amarra last year. I got a new mac Mini and restored from a backup but somehow the Amarra license was lost (I am guessing they might have gendered a license based on hardware aspects of the old computer). Puremusic and Audirvana were fine though. But I was able to resolve with a fresh install and a license key request. Sounds very similar to your issue and following he instructions from nige2000 will hopefully work for you.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »