USB isolator tour

jkeny

Re: USB isolator tour

Post by jkeny »

Excellent, Pearse - glad it's doing the business
I PMed Ivor hoping to meet him tomorrow, sometime
I was hoping to bring along another ISO-HUB & an ISO-DAC (the all-in-one device containing USB isolator & following DAC along with batteries all in one box)
If it suits him maybe we can meet up at Ivors?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Sounds brilliant Pearse, love those days.

No Ordinary Love is one of my guilty pleasures...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

jkeny wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:08 pm Excellent, Pearse - glad it's doing the business
I PMed Ivor hoping to meet him tomorrow, sometime
I was hoping to bring along another ISO-HUB & an ISO-DAC (the all-in-one device containing USB isolator & following DAC along with batteries all in one box)
If it suits him maybe we can meet up at Ivors?
Works for me John.

Post by Sligolad »

Diapason wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:20 pm Sounds brilliant Pearse, love those days.

No Ordinary Love is one of my guilty pleasures...
Glad to hear it Simon, some of the tracks are over produced but listening with the ISO Hub made me aware of more of the layers of tracks mixed in some of the songs. Dave Early was a bit OTT at times but a genius on the drums on a good day.

Post by jkeny »

Pearse, I haven't heard back from Ivor so best to hold onto the ISO-HUB until I have a production unit for you.

Pity, as I had an ISO-DAC ready for auditioning at Ivor's - I just can't send it on tour yet as the recharging circuits aren't in the case yet.
It's an all-in-one unit, containing batteries, USB isolator & cleanser & DAC all in one case (obviously bigger than the existing ISO-PS & ISO-HUB cases you have).
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 11:23 am Pearse, I haven't heard back from Ivor so best to hold onto the ISO-HUB until I have a production unit for you.

Pity, as I had an ISO-DAC ready for auditioning at Ivor's - I just can't send it on tour yet as the recharging circuits aren't in the case yet.
It's an all-in-one unit, containing batteries, USB isolator & cleanser & DAC all in one case (obviously bigger than the existing ISO-PS & ISO-HUB cases you have).
Sorry John, the health hasn't been great thus week, I didn't cop you were waiting for me to get back to you. Wednesday on I should be free and better. Feel free to pm me what suits.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 11:38 am
jkeny wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 11:23 am Pearse, I haven't heard back from Ivor so best to hold onto the ISO-HUB until I have a production unit for you.

Sorry John, the health hasn't been great thus week, I didn't cop you were waiting for me to get back to you. Wednesday on I should be free and better. Feel free to pm me what suits.
Sorry to hear that, Ivor - hope you get better soon.
I'll leave it for you to contact me when/if it suits you - there's no pressure
www.Ciunas.biz
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Spent an enjoyable couple of hours in Ivor's listening to the ISO-HUB & some nice Willie Nelson, Harry Belafonte & Talking Heads - yea, Tony we are secret fans, we just didn't tell you that :)

One thing that I noticed before & we all agreed on was that with ISO-HUB in place the sound is more realistic, more body to instruments & voices & most interestingly, it sounds more dynamic & perceptibly louder.

Thanks for accommodating us, Ivor.
www.Ciunas.biz
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

My pleasure John, nice to hear the new units and have Pearse along as well to have his insights.

Yes the first impression with the ISO HUB is an increase in loudness... given that there's nothing in the mysterious boxes which would amplify I'll have to put this down to the sound having more "weight" and "body". There was also more space around instruments and musicians which added to the overall imagery - something of a "holy grail" in hifi. The extra space allowed micro details to come through.. on Willie Nelson's Summertime: Willie Nelson sings Gershwin (around 3000 kbps), tracks I knew really well, suddenly revealed a flourish of Fender Rhodes or subtleties on an acoustic guitar riff that I'd missed before.
Harry Belafonte Sings the Blues (about 5000 kbps) showed a little more bass to his voice and a better soundstage to the simple production - more of a sense of the size of the studio it was recorded in.
The Talking Heads track And She Was (3000 kbps) was used as it's quite a busy arrangement and not only did the John Kenny suite of boxes make sense of everything (this we took for granted really) but again all the detail was there....
All of this was done using my bog standard ACER PC and John's Cunias DAC with the ISO HUB boxes being swapped in and out.

so an enjoyable time had by all, unfortunately my espresso machine decided not to work when required (something always has to fail at a meet!) but I fixed it early this morning so if you're in the area again don't hesitate to drop in for that coffee I owe you! The French Press was a poor second to my usual brew!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Thanks, Ivor, you provided so much descriptive detail than I.
Sorry I couldn't leave that ISO-HUB with you but it is winging its way to the USA today.
www.Ciunas.biz