USB isolator tour

Ivor

Re: USB isolator tour

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:36 pm Sorry I couldn't leave that ISO-HUB with you but it is winging its way to the USA today.
That's ok, I have these big 12" CDs to keep me going in the meantime!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

First brief listening report on ISO-DAC
"The sounds coming out of my speakers now makes me want to cry. While I expected to hear a bit of a difference between my dragonfly red and your setup, I was not prepared for what I'm hearing now. It's just brilliant! Nice job."
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Finally got the Uptone Iso Regen this week and hooked it up using the battery pack that comes with the Ciunas Iso Hub and it works a treat with the battery supply.

Initial impressions are very good and the comparison will be tougher to sort a winner than I might have thought.
Will try to get some time over the coming week for some back to back listening but this weather is not helping!

Post by jkeny »

Sligolad wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:18 pm Finally got the Uptone Iso Regen this week and hooked it up using the battery pack that comes with the Ciunas Iso Hub and it works a treat with the battery supply.

Initial impressions are very good and the comparison will be tougher to sort a winner than I might have thought.
Will try to get some time over the coming week for some back to back listening but this weather is not helping!
Did you order the Iso Regen without power supply?
I wonder how it compares with it's stock PS i.e what difference the battery PS makes
Don't you have one of their Meanwell PS that came with the original Regen?
6.6V battery power from ISO-PS works fine for the iso Regen, then?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.