Looking for Wagner (Keilberth) Ring on CD

warrenduffy

Looking for Wagner (Keilberth) Ring on CD

Post by warrenduffy »

Hi,
Is there anyone out there in possession of this Ring on Cd ( Keilberth, Bayreuth 1955 ) who would be willing to sell it, or may I be so brazen, be willing to lend it out for a couple of weeks ?
It seems to retail for quite a princely sum online so I'm hoping to possibly have a listen to it , to judge the sound quality before I purchase it.
However, if I have the chance to buy it locally, I'll take a stab in the dark with it.

Thank you

Warren.

Ps. I'm located in Dublin.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited by warrenduffy on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
markof

Re: Looking for Wagner (Keilberth) Ring on CD

Post by markof »

warrenduffy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm Hi,
Is there anyone out there in possession of this Ring on Cd ( Keilberth, Bayreuth 1955 ) who would be willing to sell it, or may I be so brazen, be willing to lend it out for a couple of weeks ?
It seems to retail for quite a princely sum online so I'm hoping to possibly have a listen to it , to judge the sound quality before I purchase it.
However, if I have the chance to buy it locally, I'll take a stab in the dark with it.

Thank you

Warren.

Ps. I'm located in Dublin.

I don't know if it helps but a 1952 recording - 12 disk - is available from qobuz for €36.
Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
warrenduffy

Re: Looking for Wagner (Keilberth) Ring on CD

Post by warrenduffy »

Thanks for the info Mark.
I'm actually looking to buy the CD as my only source is a cdp. I don't own a decent dac.
Also particularly looking for the stereo 1955 version.
Appreciate the response all the same. Thanks again !