digital tv

Fran
Site Admin

digital tv

Post by Fran »

Hi,

Can anyone point me towards some info re getting digital terrestrial tv? Is this the same as dvb-t?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
b318isp

Re: digital tv

Post by b318isp »

Check the seciton on boards.ie. DVB-T is digital terrestrial all right, but there are different versions depending on the coding used. For example, the UK uses MPEG-2 compression (and decompression) while RTE is using MPEG-4. So, most digital TVs specced for the UK are not compatible here.

Boards
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Hi,

Can anyone point me towards some info re getting digital terrestrial tv? Is this the same as dvb-t?

Fran
Adam is the man to talk to around here or you can get him Alliance Electric in Sth Great Georges Street. He'd be on Boards.ie too
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

I know very little about this but even though most tv's are mpeg2 and Rte have chosen mpeg4 (typical) it is possible to get a converter or a maybe its call a card to convert the mpeg4 stream.I think they are about €50 on the net. Satelite tv installer told me that whatever that means. I am very happy with freesat. No more bills and all the channels I need. Kids are only mildly impressed as all the pampered ones have sky.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
b318isp

Post by b318isp »

Be careful with the cards. The ViaAccess MPEG4 card is well reviewed, however not all TVs are compatible, so be prepared to take a gamble. Again, the guys on boards will give good guidance on this.