Hi Fi Jumble ???

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
willsandbills

Hi Fi Jumble ???

Post by willsandbills »

I have been attending the Audio Jumble in Tonbridge in the UK for years, its always great fun and you never know what you will find.
Im thinking of organising one here in Ireland , possible somewhere on the dublin side of Athlone just off the motorway with lots of parking. When, ? maybe the Sunday after Paddys day ?
The idea is to bring along your hi fi bits for sale . magazines, cables, broken items, vinyl, valves , components, and of course any hi fi item, maybe even guitars and guitar amps.

I would appreciate any initial thoughts from the forum please. Maybe im nuts but there sure is a lot of stuff out around the country. If I get a positive vibe for this ill set up a web site to make it easier for communications etc.

We could maybe have one or two dem rooms if anyone was kind enough to show their equipment.

willie shaw in Galway
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Hi Fi Jumble ???

Post by Fran »

yes to this, would love to have something like this here
Do or do not, there is no try
willsandbills

Post by willsandbills »

Thanks fran any suggestions??
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

It seems like a great idea. I'm of absolutely no help though but I will turn up with bits & bobs.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I think the biggest challenge would be getting the word out there to people who don't frequent the forums etc. Maybe a recurring ad in the right part of adverts would help, and through facebook groups maybe? Getting the room and location might be easier.

So then there is the usual stuff - location and what they might charge, parking and the effort of setting it up and taking it down. There will be no problem mounting a few rooms - there is plenty of gear here and I think people would be happy to bring stuff. I think it would be very easy to have say, a computer audio room, a vintage room, a DIYers room, a headphone space as examples. I just don't know how the jumble bit of it would work.....

An alternate suggestion? We have long talked about running a series of "hifi" nights - and have tossed around doing it in church halls, homes, pubs and so on, but have as yet failed to get it off the ground. Centered on a single hifi set up at each meet - ie the location would stay the same but the equipment would change. Might be a way of starting small and building to something bigger maybe.
Do or do not, there is no try
willsandbills

Post by willsandbills »

agreed with all of that, adverts and facebook etc.

re the night out, probably more easily done with Greater dublin members, but you never know who would travel for the chance to chat and listen.

Be back soon when I have thought it out more.

Thanks for the extensive reply.

willie
james

Post by james »

I would be interested in attending in Dublin / near Dublin but not if there was a really long drive required.
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Or posting it on Facebook and getting people to share!

You could post a link here!