Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player

Post by nige2000 »

potato reclocker on, ndk clock on, 3.3v lifepo4 5v bypass
ye are in for a treat lads.....
think its a bit of a milestone

sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Sounds like a winner Nige, i have one on the way and I already have an 16Gb SLC SD card here so all I will need is some guidance on the mods.
Looking forward to trying it out.

Post by nige2000 »

there she is now with the soekris
im super stoked with it,

although ive not heard a super modified audio pc in a long time.... im sure this is at the races at the very least
its combination of flow, definition and detail i think will be hard to beat
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

also might mention that good audio freq clks 22.xxx and 24.xxx will be needed for the reclocker mod for anyone interested
granted stock it sounds ok.... but thats not we do here :)
diyinhk sells ndks but they are fricken tiny, i dont mind soldering them on if required as im kinda used to it
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Do you have links again for the parts Nige, i think you soldered the last reclocker for me and I gave away the couple of spare re clocking chips I had left.
Just jumped on Diyinhk and they are sold out of the 24 Mhz clocks, they have a re clocking board but it looks like no room for the clocks.

Post by nige2000 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/74374-G-Series ... XQrvpRFQY0

http://www.digole.com/index.php?productID=224

the clock fitting is a bit of shoe horning really
the boards above are not too bad as you could but a clock on each side on the pads and run wire to relevant pins

im not aware of other supplier of ndks in that freq, another supplier would be good to have

if you have an old amanero or usb i2s device with 24.xxx mhz clock we could take them of it
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Thanks Nige, orders in and what do you know after i went back into Diyinhk the clocks were back in stock so ordered a pair as well.

Post by gstew »

You can get a lower phase-noise version of both the 22/24 & 44/49 NDKs here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-bu ... s-buy.html

I've got some coming along with the protoboard (THANKS Nige, great catch that).

Potato chips arrived today.

Later!

Greg in Mississippi
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Thanks Greg, will try Lorien as well for the better NDKs.

Post by nige2000 »

was thinking about that when fran mentioned the ndk sda model was also for sale at diyinhk circa 11usd
http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/ ... lator.html

truth is there is also natural variation in the batches, so its kinda the luck of the draw
there was a guy selling measured ndk clocks, cant remember the name but you pay for the service and the ones that go in the bin/thrash
think rickmcinnis got some of them before

sometime i wonder are we reaching for the high hanging fruit before we pick the low hanging fruit