AudioQuest JitterBug?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Georgi

AudioQuest JitterBug?

Post by Georgi »

Hi all, just a small question I have and didn't found any info here.

What is your opinion on that AUDIOQUEST JITTERBUG?

I know it doesn't reduce the jitter, just regulate the voltage on the USB board and filters the signal of the USB data passing through. Or something like that, I'm not expert in any way.

I don't have any issues with my set up, but as I'm using laptop for my primary source of signal, wonder if something like that, do any difference?
nige2000

Re: AudioQuest JitterBug?

Post by nige2000 »

yea they work
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Yes, maybe they work, but not in my case. :)
My laptop with Win8.1 can't recognise the device.
Start to read about that and find so many people having the same problem. Don't know if there is a solution for that, haven't read that far. :)

Don't know yet, if I want to send it back or try something else to make it work, but I'm not convinced that I want to deal with that kind of shite, so maybe will be better to send it back.

Any suggestions?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

there should be a small benefit just plugging it in a spare port,
i never bought them
but we've tested them in the past
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Not sure about that Nige. If I plug it in any port, the laptop don't react at all. When I plug my USB cable, connected to the DAC, then message pops up, saying that, the device is malfunction and Windows can't recognise the device.

No sound changes in any way or form, when plugged in other USB ports.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

wonder if its faulty?
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

That is what I think, mait send it back and see if they send me a new one.
tony

Post by tony »

I think Georgi we found a long time ago that the laptop as an option is a compromised. Remember a test we did with streaming laptop using jplay against a Wadia CD player. Wadia is far superior. Just don't see a jitterbug doing anything huge or magical to a usb port on a laptop to enable you hear a substantial or noticeable improvement. Ken I think has one on a PC. I never bothered with one. Fanless PC or maybe a NUC would hopefully give you something you might hear an improvement.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Georgi, looks like your Jitterbug is faulty , return and replace is probably best. I never ad any trouble with them and they do make a small improvement.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

I got replacement yesterday, same thing.
So, after consultation with my electronic 'guru', he replay that is not going to work anyway and I already have better jitter filter fitted in my xmos USB DAC.

So, I have no need of that jitter bug.
Anyone need one, half price? :)