Lexus IS300H

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
DaveF

Re: Lexus IS300H

Post by DaveF »

The 330e was out due to the fact of there being no charge points at work or in the block where I live. Plus I think I'm bored/nervous of BMW and wouldn't mind something else for a while.
Anyway I took an extended drive of the IS300H last Sat and I've shook hands on a deal for one. Should be picking it up later in the week. It's a very refined and smooth drive and considerably more comfortable than a 3 series. Not the quickest car by any means, I'll miss the torque of the diesel but the Lexus has more of a smooth and continuous acceleration as opposed to the kick in the back feel you get with a turbo diesel. Cabin interior quality is very high finish, even if the design is bit more 'messy' than the simpler restrained 3 series interior. Exterior is very striking and while it may divide opinion, my 3 series parked next to it looked a bit plain and dated. Best part of the experience is the quietness of the car. No more diesel clatter or vibration. The 2.5L petrol engine kicks in and out seamlessly and you'd barely notice it. The eCVT gearbox can get a bit loud if you floor the throttle but that's rarely the way I drive anyway so it wasn't much of an issue for me. The car feels at its best on the motorway, it just glides along like a flying carpet. If comfort, refinement, striking looks and reliability is of importance then I'd recommend a test drive. No more DPF, high pressure fuel pumps, turbo or injectors to worry about.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Congratulations Dave, and thanks for the review. Best of luck with the new motor!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Congrats on the new car Dave, stay between the ditches!
I'm not familiar with this model so I'll keep an eye out. It sounds lovely.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Congrats, should be very reliable.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

I got a 2003 Lexus LS430 10 years ago. Bulbs have had to be replaced intermittently and alos a few sets of wiper blades.

great cars, enjoy.

.sjb