The amp that didn't explode! Yet!

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
jkeny

Re: The amp that didn't explode! Yet!

Post by jkeny »

abraxalito wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 pm
jkeny wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 am
With my battery powered devices there is no discernible difference between running solely off battery or from battery with charger attached. I'm not sure I undertake what you are saying?
Absence of discernable difference I wouldn't have thought counted as absence of CM noise. CM noise might not strongly affect the particular equipment you were using for example. Generally its worse when one or more of the mains PSUs is a switcher as pretty much all SMPSUs contain CM aggressors. If they're all 'linear' then there's a noise loop but the current in the loop depends on external factors.
Sure there are reasons why CM noise would not be discernible but generally, in the many configurations that my battery powered devices are used, it showed a discernible improvement - some of which I would contect is down to CM noise amelioration - & this improvement is not negated or affected in any discernible way by using a DC-DC switcher as the internal battery charger board and using an SMPS external PS to power this DC-DC switcher board
I also wonder if cm noise is more common than thought judging by the number of people on computer audiophile reporting improvements with using cat 7/8 cable as dc power cable or is something else at play?. Our own Pearse is one of those.
I'm still puzzled by that - no-one yet AFAIK has A/B'd with a completely isolated (battery) supply to see if the improvement effect is the same.
Yes, I would be interested in this experiment too.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.