new speakers!

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
cybot

Re: new speakers!

Post by cybot »

Truly delighted for you Ivor. I spotted that ad too. Fabulous speakers that will definitely be keepers.....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:12 pm Truly delighted for you Ivor. I spotted that ad too. Fabulous speakers that will definitely be keepers.....
Thanks Demot. I know there were a few looking at the ad, Ivan mentioned he had three calls after I had pulled the trigger! I suspect they won't be going anywhere, they seem to slot right in.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Best of luck with these Ivor, a brand that only has good connotations for me, something solid and traditional.

.sjb
Derek

Post by Derek »

Great to read the new speakers are settling in, they sounded great on day one. i'll have to get back over with some vinyl under me oxter.
Will there a change of room orientation, again?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Sloop John B wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:53 pm Best of luck with these Ivor, a brand that only has good connotations for me, something solid and traditional.

.sjb
Thanks John.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:47 pm Great to read the new speakers are settling in, they sounded great on day one. i'll have to get back over with some vinyl under me oxter.
Will there a change of room orientation, again?
I haven't moved them much from first placement. A little further back and wider. The sound didn't change as much as I expected and the current setup is practical as well as workable. I won't be changing orientation again, this works best!
Welcome with records anytime Derek!

Claus

Post by Claus »

Congratulations! I must drop by soon now that I am back at work around the corner!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Claus wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 pm Congratulations! I must drop by soon now that I am back at work around the corner!
Most excellent! There will be coffee.

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

mick wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:57 pm The mids are exceptional and I find the bass to be powerful with plenty of weight.
I must say I don't find the bass to be shy at all. I think the the tone and timbre of instruments are excellent. The portrayal of voices is one of the real positives of these speakers.
Yep, after a little bit more tweaking on position I've found there's actually loads of bass. It's very much dependant on the recording (well duh!) but it's there alright. I think I was swayed by the many reviews saying they are a little restricted on bass and some owners ever use a sub alongside. Since writing this post I saw in Stereophile's recommended components they're listed alongside electrostatics in the restricted bass category. As with electrostatics that's a little unfair.

Terry

Post by Terry »

Well wear Ivor.
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.