JPLAY FEMTO

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Ken Moreland

JPLAY FEMTO

Post by Ken Moreland »

Jplay have just launched Jplay Femto details below;

http://jplay.eu/ml_post_slider/jplay-fe ... roduction/

Main Features:
JPLAY FEMTO UPnP renderer converts a PC into a hi-end audio endpoint
JPLAY femtoServer UPnP media server converts a PC into a hi-end music server
Smallest buffer of any music player (DAC Link 1000Hz)
Supported Audio Formats: FLAC, WAV, DSD DoP 64/128, DSD Native up to 256 (via ASIO), AIFF, ALAC, M4A, MP3, WMA
Supported Streaming Platforms: TIDAL, Qobuz (including Sublime hi-rez plan)
Supported Playback Methods: Kernel Streaming (KS), WASAPI Event Style, ASIO
Special intel CPU optimized version (user-selectable)
Gapless Playback
Supported OS: Windows 8 or later (64-bit only)

For those who already have Jplay it's 50 euro (149euro for new users) but it's available for free for 3 weeks.

I downloaded and installed it on a laptop and it was relatively easy to get working controlled by BubbleUPNP on an Android phone.

One Jplay user commented that the sound was "played directly through JPlayFemtoserver - more airy and detailed highs, more precise (although slightly lighter) bass " and that rings true. I compared it briefly to WTFplay and my impressions are similar although currently I prefer WTFplay as it has more body.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Fran
Site Admin

Re: JPLAY FEMTO

Post by Fran »

I was just going toask you is it any better than WTFplay - or Daphile.

Worth it for 50 Ken?
Do or do not, there is no try
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Fran, yes it's very good and well worth the price especially for those who already use or have used Jplay. I used Jplay from the start but when WTFplay was launched Jplay was kicked off the top position. The sound quality improvement is significant, highs and mids are clearer and more detailed and bass is more precise. In comparison with WTFplay it's more detailed and precise , with all other equipment the same the comparison for me is between solid-state laptop (Jplay ) and pc with power improvements etc(WTFplay).
Anyhoo it's worth a try and free trial for 3 weeks.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

+1 on Ken's feedback

I had the opportunity to listen to (the great) Ken's system recently and was able to compare WTFplay vs the new JPlay and IMO Jplay's sound is a lot more "lively" and warm with nice details.
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Can someone compare Jplay with Jriver?
Are they some sort of similar players? I'm just getting in to that road, just got JRiver install on my miniPC. Happy enough so far.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Georgi, It's easy to install Jplay alongside JRiver and make a comparison , it's 149€ to purchase but free for 3 week trial. If you already have a copy of Jplay it's 50€. In the package there's conventional Jplay just like a regular player, there's also Jplay FEMTO as a renderer and Jplay femtoServer as a library. Jplay femtoServer can be anywhere on your network and JplayFEMTO renderer is controlled BubbleUPNP on an Android tablet or phone. In my case Jplay is installed on a laptop which is also attached to the music HDD. All library control and music selection is done on the phone/tablet. There is other software for iOS phone/tablets.
KM
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Jplay is specifically designed to optimise sound qallity subjectively
Jriver isn't there happy with a bit count
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Big thumbs up to Jplay Femto... worth every penny.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
iain

Post by iain »

Changed from jriver on win 8.1pro to Jplay Femto on win 2016 server, so difficult to unpick contribution of each, but combined very clear improvement. Especially sound stage which was quite limited previously in comparison.

I bourght win key of Ebay for £7. Very pleased with the results