Tour of Supercapacitor PSes

Ivor

Re: Tour of Supercapacitor PSes

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:47 pm I see you are an Eist speaker owner so you should be in music nirvana now :)
My walnut pair! They're lovely speakers.
Glad you're still finding improvements Tony. Always good to hear. (no pun intended)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Hi Ivor /John
Yes I was very lucky to take over ownership . They’re wonderful speakers and deserve to have the best put through them . Hope you’re keeping well Ivor .
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor - I have a package for you - PM or email me to arrange
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:24 pm Ivor - I have a package for you - PM or email me to arrange
all very intriguing! ;) I just sent a txt to your phone
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Just updating this thread in case anyone is interested in trying a supercapacitor PS (SC-PS)
A tour of the 5V SC-PS has started on PFM here https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads ... st-3654809 & seems to be going down well

Some people here showed an interest in a SC-PS > 5V so I wanted to update on progress (yea, I know it's been a while but developing a product goes down many dead ends & takes time)

By the end of next week I should be testing a supercap PS with user selectable voltage outputs from 5V to 25V in steps of 2.5V
The plan is to have two outputs which can be at different voltages - each output voltage is displayed on a small LCD panel & is set by a 9 position dial, each position stepping up 2.5V starting at 5V
The current output capability will depend on the heating i.e the case & heatsinking used. I will be testing with various loads both instantaneous & continuous current outputs

Anyone in Ireland interested in trying a prototype first before it goes on tour in the UK in about 3 weeks.
Last edited by jkeny on Thu May 02, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:45 pm Just updating this thread in case anyone is interested in trying a supercapacitor PS (SC-PS)
A tour of the 5V SC-PS has started on PFM here & seems to be going down well

Some people here showed an interest in a SC-PS > 5V so I wanted to update on progress (yea, I know it's been a while but developing a product goes down many dead ends & takes time)

By the end of next week I should be testing a supercap PS with user selectable voltage outputs from 5V to 25V in steps of 2.5V
The plan is to have two outputs which can be at different voltages - each output voltage is displayed on a small LCD panel & is set by a 9 position dial, each position stepping up 2.5V starting at 5V
The current output capability will depend on the heating i.e the case & heatsinking used. I will be testing with various loads both instantaneous & continuous current outputs
Anyone in Ireland interested in trying a prototype first before it goes on tour in the UK in about 3 weeks.
Hi John I could try it on the 5v for my ppang card or the 5v for the motherboard24pin.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

OK, Tony
5V PS
I'm away next week but what power connector does the PPang require?
Same question about mobo - what power connector does it require - typical Molex one with 12V & 5V or what?
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

PPang has a 4pin molex but I can hook up something temp sure that's what I like doing anyway!
The mobo is 24pin and 4 pin but I don't think your supply will do 3.3v or maybe it can be regulated down to that?
I am curious to see if I could power the pc with them. At the moment I am back to using the pico with 5v to the pang card.
The original picoless set up is still there but something not right either with grounds or supply as PC will not power up.
Basically since that faithful day with your isohub daccy yoke things have never been the same :(
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

PC power requirements are 24pin with 12v 5v 3.3v and 4pin cpu 12v
And capable of a b out 3 amps per rail
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:14 am PPang has a 4pin molex but I can hook up something temp sure that's what I like doing anyway!
The mobo is 24pin and 4 pin but I don't think your supply will do 3.3v or maybe it can be regulated down to that?
I am curious to see if I could power the pc with them. At the moment I am back to using the pico with 5v to the pang card.
The original picoless set up is still there but something not right either with grounds or supply as PC will not power up.
Basically since that faithful day with your isohub daccy yoke things have never been the same :(
That was my master plan - mess up your system & then offer a solution :)
OK, 5V PS for PPang with 4 pin Molex
From what Nige says the PC power requirements needs a multi-rail PS 12V, 5V, 3.3V
www.Ciunas.biz