Sound of my set-up

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sumotan

Sound of my set-up

Post by sumotan »

Hi Guys
Newbie here, am enclosing a music clip, would appreciate to hear your commence & thoughts. Recorded just using an iphone.

https://icecube-03.icedrive.io/download ... s%2F6hk%3D

Many thanks.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Sound of my set-up

Post by Fran »

Very spacey etc -but I'm not sure what more anyone could say?
Do or do not, there is no try
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

Thank you Fran. A very nice gentleman by the name of Rick Mclnnis encouraged me to join this forum as he said there're lots of hardcore diyers here who are un bias & loves to experiment. So I thought that I might share my findings & like wise to also learn from everyone here.

Thanks again
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

My System
Attachments
SdTrans 1-1.png
SdTrans 1-1.png (447.02 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
OD 1.JPG
OD 1.JPG (32.76 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

Hope this clip will remain. Thanks Guys

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

sumotan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:33 am Hi Guys
Newbie here, am enclosing a music clip, would appreciate to hear your commence & thoughts. Recorded just using an iphone.
Well it's a lot more conventional that I expected. It's not bad but new music needs to be more original. Is it a cover version? Hard to know but it does follow all the rules of easy listening cocktail lounge jazz. As I say not bad at all but needs something unique to hold a listeners attention. Good luck with your work!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

Hi Ivor
This clip is played by Archie Shepp Quartet.

Cheers
cybot

Post by cybot »

An extremely rich and nicely balanced listening experience sonically speaking and very typical of hi fi shows. Surprised at the bass heft from, I assume, those Martin Logan's. Have you any ECM stuff you could show off? Steve Tibbetts' Bye Bye Safe Journey? Anouar Brahem's Blue Maqams? Jack De Johennette's In Movement? What about Hedvig Molestad's Trio? In other words much more challenging stuff though the albums mentioned should easily pass the acid test. Still I have to say you're getting a really lovely sound which is a credit to your diy effort. For that alone, well done!
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Mad setup - way more adventurous than me (even back in my DIY phases) - well done.

I am not familiar with the piece and of course the iPhone recording is going to limit things but taking a critical listen it seems like high frequencies, transients and decay were areas what could be improved. I hope this is the type of feedback you are looking for - it is not my intention to be rude or overly critical.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

Thank you Cybot & HifiFan for your comments.
Will try another recording. Yes it's a ML Odyssey with modified XO. This is about the only thing that I've kept when I was caught up in spending crazy money for hifi way back when Cybot.
My palette of musical genre is just too wide & this makes it very difficult to voice the equipment to sound right in all genres & this is why it has taken me the better part of 3.5 yrs to get to what I want the system to sound like. For me it's all about voicing & the control of energy.

Thanks again