Phono Cartriidge Repair

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Saxman

Phono Cartriidge Repair

Post by Saxman »

Hi All
Should any one ever be in the need for getting their cartridge repaired, broken cantilever or whatever I would like to reccomend a company in Cliffwood New Jersey USA.
I had abroken coil on my dynavector xv1t rather than send it to the uk where I previously had a verx poor service I trawled the net and found a company called Vinyl Audio Science the contact is a lövely chap called Steve Leung.
He only charged ten dollars for the inspection and 800 euros for repairing the coil ,sounds expensive but in the uk it would have been twice as much.
He turned it round in a week regular updates and video showing the completed work on test.I will certainly use him again when I need to change the stylus.
Regards
Derek

Re: Phono Cartriidge Repair

Post by Derek »

Nice one, always good to know quality workshops.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Saxman

Re: Phono Cartriidge Repair

Post by Saxman »

Hi Derek
Agreed I know Soundsmith are also good but the problem with them is they wont look at a cartridge which has had a previous repair.
Rgds
Alan