Help with few LPs

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Georgi

Help with few LPs

Post by Georgi »

Hi guys, I need a bit of help.
Basically, I good friend of mine, will lend me his Project TT for few weeks, to try, before I get into the long road of TT and vinyls.
My problem is, that his taste of music is too far away from me, so none of his LPs will do anything for me.
I would like to ask, if any of you is willing to lend me some Jazz LPs /smooth and modern/, for few days or week?
I know is a bit odd question and most of you take very seriously that kind of gear, but I can assure you that, I will take great care.

Thanks.
Naimaste

Re: Help with few LPs

Post by Naimaste »

Hi georgi
Did you manage to borrow some disks. If not I’m sure I would have something for you.
Regards
John
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Yep, got down to Golden Discs and bought few LPs. Don't know much about what to look for, when you buying stuff like that, so the first artists I sow and I know, ended up in my hand.

So far, so good.
At the moment I'm with mix filings about TT and LPs approach.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Hi, if I can ask another stupid question.
Don't know much about TT, I look at some videos, some suggest Pro-ject TT , some Rega P1. As more I read and look on videos, I get more confused.
So, any advices and suggestions are very much appreciate.
Thanks.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

There is a simple answer Georgi - don't go there!! The price of new vinyl is ridiculous..... and the sonic return doesn't come in until you've spent a significant amount of money......
Do or do not, there is no try
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Thanks Fran, I understand what you're saying, yes I do. :)
What is significant amount of money? I guess for everyone is different, for some €3-500, for others €3-5000, and so on.
I do enjoy the TT way, I think I do want to have one in my system, just to have it, won't be my main source of signal, but want little bit more from the entry-level TT.
Something like Rega Planar 2 or 3 or along that quality.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Another question.

Where do you guys are repairing and upgrading your turntables?
Any recommendations of places or persons?
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

I can't remember if I mension it here, but for the last few monts I enjoy my Rega P2.
As a standard piece of equipment and set up is ok, much cleaner and mature souding than the Pro-Ject Carbon.
Anyway, after few good and long hours, I decided to try to make it better, as much as I could, becouce it has its limits, arm, cartrige ect.
So, I change the tone arm with RB-300, completly rewired with high quality silver cables, P3 thicker glass platter, Iceni Audio Sub-platter, Little Belter belt, high quality RCA output connectors installed and for decert I put Dynavector DV-20x2L cartrige.
Waiting on a Iceni Audio's matt and counter weight.
Well, I can only say, it is sounding nothing like before. 🙃
cybot

Post by cybot »

Georgi wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:47 pm I can't remember if I mension it here, but for the last few monts I enjoy my Rega P2.
As a standard piece of equipment and set up is ok, much cleaner and mature souding than the Pro-Ject Carbon.
Anyway, after few good and long hours, I decided to try to make it better, as much as I could, becouce it has its limits, arm, cartrige ect.
So, I change the tone arm with RB-300, completly rewired with high quality silver cables, P3 thicker glass platter, Iceni Audio Sub-platter, Little Belter belt, high quality RCA output connectors installed and for decert I put Dynavector DV-20x2L cartrige.
Waiting on a Iceni Audio's matt and counter weight.
Well, I can only say, it is sounding nothing like before. 🙃
Fantastic result Georgi!
Claus

Post by Claus »

Sounds like a great upgrade! I did a counterweight upgrade on my old Planar 3 from the 80s. I also hve the same cart as you on my Linn LP12.
What phonostage are you using? I am contemplating upgrading mine...