Help with few LPs

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Help with few LPs

Post by Fran »

Those are nice upgrades, enjoy!
Do or do not, there is no try
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Claus wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:52 pm Sounds like a great upgrade! I did a counterweight upgrade on my old Planar 3 from the 80s. I also hve the same cart as you on my Linn LP12.
What phonostage are you using? I am contemplating upgrading mine...
They did make some difference alright, specialy the rewireing.
At the moment Iam using Schiit Mani phono stage, but I have a Custom phono stage build in progress, so in the next few weeks, I'll start some fine listening to fine tune the unit.
Will report agordingly. Also if someone want to have a listen, can come over, no problem. 🙂
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Fran wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:51 pm Those are nice upgrades, enjoy!
Thanks. It is all new for me, Iam a 'digital' fan kind of guy, but I do enjoy the whole experiance with the records and the TT. 😍
cybot

Post by cybot »

How are you getting on with the Mani? I'm a bit of a fan of Schiit having two of their products (Modi & Loki). When I was encouraged to go down the mc route I considered the Mani at one stage but, in the end, I felt it wouldn't have matched the cartridge I was being 'forced' in the direction of ;)
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Well, it is hard for me to comment, it is my first TT and first phono stage.
For what it is and what is the cost, I think it is very good phono, but at the end of the day, it is not high-end phono. I do think that deserve some attention.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Georgi wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 pm Well, it is hard for me to comment, it is my first TT and first phono stage.
For what it is and what is the cost, I think it is very good phono, but at the end of the day, it is not high-end phono. I do think that deserve some attention.
Fair enough but remember Schiit are known for their giant killing abilities. The Modi DAC is astonishing for the price that I definitely won't be upgrading anytime soon. The Loki is a fun but serious toy that shouldn't be underestimated either. But it's not really needed unless you unless you can convince yourself that there are more records out there that need either a little boost or attenuation. After a while you find there aren't especially if you have a reasonably forgiving system like I have. So it is system dependant....
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do like it a lot, but it is standart set it up, for all kind of carts, and I will see, if I can get out more from my cart with a custom build phono stage.
Unfortunately, my system is not very forgiving, it is a bit reveling almost everything and bad recordings, does sound bad. 🙂
cybot

Post by cybot »

Georgi wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:58 pm Oh, don't get me wrong, I do like it a lot, but it is standart set it up, for all kind of carts, and I will see, if I can get out more from my cart with a custom build phono stage.
Unfortunately, my system is not very forgiving, it is a bit reveling almost everything and bad recordings, does sound bad. 🙂
Ouch!
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

cybot wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Ouch!

😄
It is not as bad as its sound.