MinorityClean

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Ken Moreland

MinorityClean

Post by Ken Moreland »

A new piece of software for Windows has been released by Hiroyuki Yokota of Bughead fame.

It's purpose is to "Match the electronic bit standard of the CPU register with the internal circuit standard of the memory chip. When full bit "1" and full bit "0" are repeatedly written to the memory, the internal circuit reference of the memory chip is averaged. By updating this averaged standard to the CPU register, the noise generated by the personal computer can be greatly reduced."

It's downloadable from http://www.mics.ne.jp/~coolverse/MinorityClean/ . It's simply a matter of downloading and running from USB key or HDD. When computer is restarted it's gone so you need to run again.

if you like it it can be run automatically on startup by running sexe64 from https://www.nanshiki.co.jp/software/sexe.html .
Copy MinorityClean.exe from the revision X folder into C drive folder sexe64 then ran sexe64.exe as administrator to set it up as a service. In the dialog box for sexe64 when I typed C:\sexe64\MinorityClean the \ characters were displayed as ¥ Yen signs as in Yokota's page. This worked perfectly so now MinorityClean runs as a service automatically on start-up.

The SQ improvement is clear, deeper , tighter bass and improved treble detail. There's a thread on Jplay.eu forum.
Last edited by Ken Moreland on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
iain

Re: MinorityClean

Post by iain »

makes a significant improvement and it's fee
hudo

Post by hudo »

Are there some noise measurements or we have to trust his words? If its on internet it has to be true;)
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Thanks Ken
If you're using Fidelizer 8.4 you can also set it to run MinorityClean for you on startup.
Regards
Tony
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi, I don't think there are any measurements available. The program can be run once and you may hear an improvement , generally the contributors on the Jplay forum are impressed. As Iain says it's free and easy to try. For me , I find the bass is significantly deeper and tighter and the top piano notes are extremely musical. So I wouldn't be without it.
Tonymc , I use AO3 but not Fidelizer , but I found the sexe64 simple to use.
The number of people using it , judging by the Jplay forum is very small , there are also a few Japanese using it too. It's like a free beer it's worth a try.
K
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
iain

Post by iain »

there is now a new version XXIV, available from a link on the thead mentioned above. Really worth giving a go, it makes significant improvement
iain

Post by iain »

latest version (28) offers quite a leap in performance! its easy to try and free! Link in same thread referenced above
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Iain , yes , version 28 is very good all round . It makes a huge difference in bass depth and also in detail. Since this is St Patrick's Day and all pubs in Ireland are closed it's a good chance for the self-isolators to give it a try!!
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

The latest version of 208 seems to be particularly good .
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Yes , version 208 is excellent. The developer has so many updates in the past year and they are steadily improving. Users usually have preferences for certain versions and it is believed to be system/taste dependent. I shorten each version name to MinorityClean.exe and overwrite the previous version. I have added a shortcut for MinorityClean.exe to the folder for programs to run at Startup at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp