Munich hi end 2020

Fran
Site Admin

Munich hi end 2020

Post by Fran »

14-17 May

Ryanair flights out on Saturday morning and back on Sunday night are currently 82e return.

Anyone interested?
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Re: Munich hi end 2020

Post by Diapason »

I am. I really don't want to miss it again.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks Fran need to check work schedule but after the discussion today might bite.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Will it be as good as the Dublin Hi-Fi show though?

.sjb
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Sloop John B wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:39 am Will it be as good as the Dublin Hi-Fi show though?

.sjb
Mhhh, don't think so.
tony

Post by tony »

Ok maybe I will try and strike while the iron is hot. Dublin show was so good have to have more. Surely Munich will at least equal it?
My shifts are good so what hotel and what route do you take to book? Looks like Pearse stayed in the Park Inn last year. I entered my email to get a quote off a link from the Highend site but nothing back yet. Is the red eye hard work? Just wondering is it easier to go on a Friday and take it all in a leisurely fashion?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
hudo

Post by hudo »

Just took ryanair tickets, Fri to Sun, 3 days are minimum for that show:)
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

We stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson (Frankfurter Ring) last year. Its nothing fancy, fairly standard box hotel, but there is a nice little italian restaurant down the street that we go grub on the saturday night.

Buy your tickets for the show beforehand to save a little time on entry.

Fly in early Saturday morning (Ryanair, lands about 940am). Courtesy shuttle bus from airport to event
Do the show all day Saturday, then there's a courtesy shuttle bus to your hotel from about 430 onwards.
Return shuttle from hotel to show the next morning, spend Sunday at the show again
Another courtesy shuttle from the show to the airport then that evening.

Ryanair flight back home Sunday night is about half the price of the Aerlingus one but is also later.

You'll be bollixed from walking around all day saturday, so there's no way you'll be heading into the city centre or anything, a decent bit of a food and a few bevs is usually just the ticket.

The show is vast, so you will not see it all in those couple of days, but you'll have had enough of it by then too. There's no equipment as such on sale at the show, but there's plenty of vinyl and CDs, SACDs and the like.

Rough costs based on 2 day trip:
Flights 100e
Hotel 100e
Event food 25e (overpriced baguettes and coffee)
Event admission 25e for 3 days (this includes the shuttle buses and is great value I think)
Saturday night pints and grub ??e

After that its whatever you spend yourself on stuff at the show.

Earlier you book flights and hotels the better - for example, I was late booking the hotel last year and it was 150e.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Booked!!

The Park Inn was much dearer (deffo not worth 200e) so I ended up booked Best western the K hotel. There are cheaper ones there too.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Super8 Munich City North Hotel at €76 a night which Tony found seems to be the best deal near MOC. only 10 minutes walk from the Park Inn and that good Italian restaurant.
Booked!