What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Sloop John B

What music are you listening to currently?

Post by Sloop John B »

I'm quite the fan of ACE and Cherry Red compilations and this latest I've unwrapped is extremely enjoyable. It's a great trawl through synthpop

very nicely mastered, no brick-walling

the blurb.............

Can't say I can remember more than 15% of these but the quality is uniformly to a very high calibre.

.sjb
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

Oh I like this! Good on you SLB! Here's one of my favourite 'synth-pop' (sic) bands. I see there's one of their songs on that mammoth compilation. Actually forget about genres (listen to YouTube link below for confirmation) this album is truly magnificent. Still have the original 5 star review from Dave McCullough of Sounds stuck inside the Lp cover. Picked it up for the princely sum of 3.99 in very old money in one of the great unsung record shops in Dublin - Golden Disc from Liffey St. Thank you Gerry, Mark and Declan.....

https://youtu.be/djpAI_mrDHI
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Here is the write up about Dalek I in case there is something here you don't know.

My main memories of Golden Disc Liffey Street was for my very early teens singles collection.
Squeeze Up the Junction, Banana Splits, yellow vinyl, Got to get up in the morning by some Irish group whose name evades me and seems ungoogleable the last time I checked and many more. And I've no idea where they got too, still have all my albums but the singles disappeared. Moved over to cassette then and Television Adventure and Rory Live in Europe were purchased there also. Strange how I can remember so many purchases form so many years ago.

.sjb
cybot

Post by cybot »

Nice one! It's the only album I have of theirs and, really, it's the only one I'll ever need.....
Alan Gill was the main man. Listened to it last night and I still can't believe how good it is.

Nice story about Golden Disc Liffey St. That 'got up in the morning' lyric reminds me of 'Early One Morning' by Mushroom. Don't worry we all remember those days like it was yesterday.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Remember this picture disc 😊

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

For the great man - RIP Ennio Morricone

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

.sjb
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »