What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Adrian

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by Adrian »

On the TT…

Rafael Anton Irisarri..

A fragile Geography…
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Joe Henry has always been an elusive musician to me. His name popping out from time to time but I never took the decision to give him a chance. Then I heard a song on RTE lyric some time ago: interesting. Later a found a cheap CD (tiny voices) and I bought it: very interesting. But I couldn't find much more in the local record stores. Until last weekend. I was in Liverpool with a record stores list in my hand, and one suggested hot spot was Skeleton Records, in Birkenhead. Wonderful store, plenty of records and CDs. After more than one hour digging in the crates I see his name in the used CDs section; and not just one CD, but many. It's now or never I thought, and I bought 5 of them (I think I left a couple there). So this is what I am actually listening in these days: Joe Henry
Attachments
jh.jpg
jh.jpg (156.1 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Max (spin the black circle)
fergus

Post by fergus »

Brutus1968 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:54 pm Joe Henry has always been an elusive musician to me. His name popping out from time to time but I never took the decision to give him a chance. Then I heard a song on RTE lyric some time ago: interesting. Later a found a cheap CD (tiny voices) and I bought it: very interesting. But I couldn't find much more in the local record stores. Until last weekend. I was in Liverpool with a record stores list in my hand, and one suggested hot spot was Skeleton Records, in Birkenhead. Wonderful store, plenty of records and CDs. After more than one hour digging in the crates I see his name in the used CDs section; and not just one CD, but many. It's now or never I thought, and I bought 5 of them (I think I left a couple there). So this is what I am actually listening in these days: Joe Henry
Good post!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Brutus1968 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:54 pm Joe Henry has always been an elusive musician to me. His name popping out from time to time but I never took the decision to give him a chance. Then I heard a song on RTE lyric some time ago: interesting. Later a found a cheap CD (tiny voices) and I bought it: very interesting. But I couldn't find much more in the local record stores. Until last weekend. I was in Liverpool with a record stores list in my hand, and one suggested hot spot was Skeleton Records, in Birkenhead. Wonderful store, plenty of records and CDs. After more than one hour digging in the crates I see his name in the used CDs section; and not just one CD, but many. It's now or never I thought, and I bought 5 of them (I think I left a couple there). So this is what I am actually listening in these days: Joe Henry
Big fan of Joe Henry, I have four of his albums on vinyl, not easy to get.

tweber

Post by tweber »

Cyndale wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:30 pm
Big fan of Joe Henry, I have four of his albums on vinyl, not easy to get.

Image A lovely listen, agreed not too easy to get.

Also have this on vinyl, recorded at various train stations around the USA....old school. Lovely documentary about it too, possibly still on youtube. Sounds lovely

Joe's also probably produced a load of "Americana" lps in peoples collections
tweber

Post by tweber »

This girl should be a serious star imho
fergus

Post by fergus »

Bowie: Heathen

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
tweber

Post by tweber »

Straight forward rock n roll, in a good way, from the Robinson brothers
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

I just bought this 4LP boxset recommended by a fellow member on this forum. I hope I can trust his judgement, if it is a DoDo I will seek him out personally.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Cyndale wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:45 pm I just bought this 4LP boxset recommended by a fellow member on this forum. I hope I can trust his judgement, if it is a DoDo I will seek him out personally.

A what? 😂