What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

markof wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 pm Image
Saw that the other day. Must go listen. Thanks for the reminder Markof :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Brutus1968 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:05 am I entered the King Crimson world with a compilation. It had most of Discipline songs in it and it was a revelation (growing up in the 80s I thought you needed a synth if you wanted interesting sounds in a song). Then I started to buy almost all their records and Fripp collaborations and side projects. Best live imho The Night Watch.
One day I would like to see a remastered version of The First Day, the brilliant Fripp/Sylvian collaboration. Great record.

Best
Was that compilation The Young Person’s Guide to King Crimson? I have that one. Missed out on the first compilation but, thankfully it was included in the vinyl box set. Of course all the stuff on the two box sets were all released separately.

I have the original First Day and it is indeed stupendous. Fripp almost flattened poor David!

Have you heard the alternative Larks Tongue? Have a listen to Easy Money and wonder how the hell it was left off the album? Without a shadow of doubt Fripp’s best solo.

Finally I’m intrigued by your mention of The Night Watch. Again I must checked it out too.
cybot

Post by cybot »

“These performances are live, and recorded live.
There are small technical flaws in the recording,
and major functional flaws in the performer.”

℗ & © 2007 Robert Fripp

cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber

Post by tweber »

Maybe this should be in the Jazz section but I'm currently really enjoying this one from another under appreciated Irish Guitar Genius. An Xmas present to my self and well worth seeking out.
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

cybot wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:47 pm
Brutus1968 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:05 am I entered the King Crimson world with a compilation. It had most of Discipline songs in it and it was a revelation (growing up in the 80s I thought you needed a synth if you wanted interesting sounds in a song). Then I started to buy almost all their records and Fripp collaborations and side projects. Best live imho The Night Watch.
One day I would like to see a remastered version of The First Day, the brilliant Fripp/Sylvian collaboration. Great record.

Best
Was that compilation The Young Person’s Guide to King Crimson? I have that one. Missed out on the first compilation but, thankfully it was included in the vinyl box set. Of course all the stuff on the two box sets were all released separately.

I have the original First Day and it is indeed stupendous. Fripp almost flattened poor David!

Have you heard the alternative Larks Tongue? Have a listen to Easy Money and wonder how the hell it was left off the album? Without a shadow of doubt Fripp’s best solo.

Finally I’m intrigued by your mention of The Night Watch. Again I must checked it out too.
The compilation was The Compact King Crimson, but I have also the Young Person's Guide.
Yes, The First Day sounds more Fripp driven, but I remember an interview with Sylvian saying that it was a remarkable and charging experience. Probably on opportunity for his more instinct side to be unleashed.

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

cybot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:54 pm Image

This is the record with completely new drum tracks: sounds completely different (and much better for me).

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Brutus1968 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:30 am
cybot wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:47 pm

Best

The compilation was The Compact King Crimson, but I have also the Young Person's Guide.
Yes, The First Day sounds more Fripp driven, but I remember an interview with Sylvian saying that it was a remarkable and charging experience. Probably on opportunity for his more instinct side to be unleashed.

Best
When I heard TFD for the first time my initial reaction was why doesn’t he play like this with KC!
Yes I remember that comment by David. I have a lot of his stuff ;)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Brutus1968 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:33 am
cybot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:54 pm Image

This is the record with completely new drum tracks: sounds completely different (and much better for me).

Best
That’s right. Wonder what happened before? Since I’ve never heard the first recording I cannot comment.
JAW

Post by JAW »

Anybody else waiting for the 180g vinyl in a gatefold sleeve, with poster?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68209691