Site Admin

Re: Blues - what are you listening to?

Post by Fran »

picked this up on vinyl in Tower

Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

One of the Lps I got in Tower yesterday and it's a stonker! I think there's a few copies left and
it's not in the Blues section!You'll find it in the A-Z section.Highly recommended...

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=239057
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

On LP.

Finally got my new vinyl setup delivered today. It has been nearly 20 years since I last had a turntable. The above which I also have on CD sounded great.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:On LP.

Finally got my new vinyl setup delivered today. It has been nearly 20 years since I last had a turntable. The above which I also have on CD sounded great.
What a record to start listening to your new turntable!! Enjoy :-)))
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Finally got my new vinyl setup delivered today. It has been nearly 20 years since I last had a turntable....
Congratulations on the new arrival Dave and I hope that you get many long hours of enjoyment from it!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Came across this one in Tower today(the last copy there I think) and I remembered Cybots comments on it above. It is indeed a stonker! Only 500 vinyl pressings made available.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Havent listened to it yet and only purchased due to accolades applied by a number of members must notably Derek.

Mississipi John Hurt- Make me a pallet Live. Apologises struggling with the photo bit still, has to be an issue with the settings on my pc

Princely sum of €3.49 on play.com. I couldnt ignore that so will be giving it a spin.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Good man Tony,
Lovely gentle Piedmount blues and if you hate it I'll refund your investment!!

This the one?

The great man

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
tony

Post by tony »

thanks for the offer Derek, I will reserve that for a more expensive john hurt purchase. I really appreciate the service from tirnahifi.Where else would you get it?

I have listening to a little of it and it seems very gentle easy listening stuff.Probably has more of an edge than I have identified. Havent had enough time to listen to it end to end. He is certainly different to anything else I have so feel he will be worth the effort
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.