Subwoofer Equaliser

JFK

Subwoofer Equaliser

Post by JFK »

Hi, Got one of these this week to see if it would help me tame the Bass on my Subwoofer . Due to space constraints i needed to push the Sub right into the Corner behind the plasma . Not an Ideal place but because its a 39" x 16" Cylinder my options were limited .
When i say there was a dramatic improvement im not kidding , Heres a list of things i noticed over the last 48 hrs .
Bass Definition has improved
All hint of boominess has gone
Bass is tight and very easy to follow .
The whole surround sound effect has improved , its like all the Bass muddiness has being taken out and the rest of the sound can now breath .
It will take a while to break in but im very impressed . If you are having room issues like i was due to placement or just an awkward room id strongly reccommend giving one of these a go . Its not cheap at 275 euros but i think i paid nearly 900 for the sub , its cheap compared to what i would have to spend to get a smaller sub with the same deep bass output as this baby gives me .
Its very easy to use , Plug it in between the sub and reciever , Hit the test tones and 5 mins later hey presto !! , there is even an uplift button where you can boost the 25hrtz or 35 hrtz range or leave flat ..Cant seem to get the Picture thing working but the sub and equaliser are in the links below .
http://www.bkelec.com- Anti mode 8033
http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-cyl.cfm- SVS cylinder sub
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Subwoofer Equaliser

Post by Fran »

Most intersting JFK...

Boomy bass is a major problem for many, so this may be manna from heaven for a bunch of us. Integrating is a sub is a tricky enough process I have found. I needed (still do) to refer to someone else's system to make sure I haven't either over- or underdone it. I really must invest in a sound level meter. I think it would be a great yoke to have. ....... actually as I type this, I think that theres an app for that for my phone.... must check that!

SVS make very good subs. Briano here has a big massive sub from them.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
JFK

Post by JFK »

Hi Fran , Yes i was very surprised at the result , I took out the Blueray disc Hurt Locker last night and some of the explosions were so deep and loud i nearly jumped of the sofa and my Wife and son rushed in to see what the hell made that noise ..
I was on the verge of replacing the sub cause i just couldnt get the sound right and along came the antimode , 5 mins of sweeps and im in heaven again ,, Amazing stuff
JFK

Post by JFK »

Hey Fran , Do you have a contact email for Briano , id be very interested to hear what he has .. Not many SVS people here in Ireland
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

pm sent....
Do or do not, there is no try
JFK

Post by JFK »

Thanks Fran .. Cheers
BRIANO

Post by BRIANO »

JFK wrote:Thanks Fran .. Cheers
Hi JFK

Check your email.Sounds like you have had great sucess.Maybe you can help me tame the same probs I've been having.BTW it's an SVS PB Ultra 13.

Regards
Brian.