Question about Covid Travel Certificates

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
james

Question about Covid Travel Certificates

Post by james »

My covid cert has my Christian name and Surname.
My passport has Christian name, Middle name and Surname.

I read somewhere online that the two names must be identical and if they differ you won't be let fly. Does anyone know if this is or is not the case. I can't figure out who to check with or what government agency to ask.
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
james

Re: Question about Covid Travel Certificates

Post by james »

I checked with a travel agent and they told me the passport name and covid cert name must be identical. They advised me to look at the gov.ie website and I found the following page let me change things ..

https://covidcertificateportal.gov. ... date-cert/
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

This was very useful James - I changed mine today, as it didn't have the middle name as the passport does. When I went through the online form it said I should get the new cert within 5 days.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Well I'm in the same boat (no middle name on Covid cert) and due to fly to Amsterdam on Friday morning, so too late to change it now. I'll report back!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I changed mine there earlier this week, I got the new cert this morning.

It was quick, simple and painless to do. The old one stays in place until the new one comes along so you aren't "without" a cert ie nothing to lose.

I haven't heard of anyone being stopped for not having their middle name on theirs, so if its avoidable then seems a good idea to go for it.

Thanks again James. Tir na HiFi is useful for all sorts of things!
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Hello from a KLM flight. I haven't been stopped yet, but I still can't rule out being deported on arrival!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
tony

Post by tony »

Changed mine to the passport name when I twigged it would probably cause a problem travelling. From what I have heard it is hit and miss in terms of being asked for all this stuff. I remember years ago having to explain to an Italian police man that Tony was short for Anthony and that even though my password has Martin Anthony on it my first name is Tony :) After that experience I have started using my passport name on all this type of stuff to try and mitigate the hassle. Hope you got back ok Simon. Btw do you still have all those big ugly black bass/acoustic traps that were part of the man cave a few years back?? :)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Back in one piece indeed, but entirely hit and miss regarding what docs you'll be asked to show. I heard various horror stories of people being denied boarding and similar, but all told it was smooth enough for me. I read "somewhere" that if your first name and surname match exactly on passport and Covid cert then all is well (no need to add middle name) but who knows the truth. Either way, I wasn't deported, and I had a lovely weekend in Holland.

Tony, it's funny you should ask about those sound panels. They languished in the attic up until a few weeks back, when a twitter friend mentioned he was building out his studio and was going to talk to GIK about sound treatment. When I said he could have my GIK panels he came to pick them up without delay. He was delighted to have them, the missus was delighted to get rid of them, and I was delighted that everyone was delighted.

Here endeth another chapter of the man cave.
tony

Post by tony »

Great to hear people are starting to get away again. Fingers crossed it all stays that way going forward.

I can understand why your friend high tailed it to your place if he spoke to GIK. Your kind offer is a much more palatable option for a product that engenders fear in men when have to face the horror reactions from the women folk.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.