New Amp

Ken Moreland

New Amp

Post by Ken Moreland »

No, it's not mine. I had the pleasure of visiting Georgi to see and hear his beautiful new amp. It's a hybrid with valve based preamp section and solid state power, constructed by Georgi and his friend in a very stylish package. Internals are very elegantly laid out and the fascia is not over-fancy just two rotary switches for on/off and volume and source selection and a pair of indicator panel.
We listened to both digital and vinyl material and the sound quality was superb. A few years ago some of the faithful visited to hear Georgi's excellent speakers which are very impressive. The speakers/amp combination is well worth a listen.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Georgi

Re: New Amp

Post by Georgi »

😀 lol
Ken, thank you for the kind words and for the visit, I really enjoyed the chat and I'm glad you enjoyed as well.
The amp is fantastic sounding and no expense is cut.
It's around 15-18w/8ohm in Class A
80w/8ohm. 150w/4ohm RMS.
Dual mono
30kg
Attachments
20211101_111653.jpg
20211101_111653.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
20211101_111542.jpg
20211101_111542.jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Beautiful looking work there Georgi. The backlighting around the knobs is a lovely touch.

Can you share more about the details without breaking any confidences?
Do or do not, there is no try
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Fran wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:28 pm Beautiful looking work there Georgi. The backlighting around the knobs is a lovely touch.

Can you share more about the details without breaking any confidences?

Thanks Fran. 😊

Sure I can share some details as long as my knowledge goes.
My involvement is pure on esthetics. Internally is designed and built by my friend Slav.

PRP resistors on the Tube section and the Transistor section, Ohmite for emitter resistors, with 4x68000uF High class capacitors from Kendeil, Mundorf Tube cap for the Tube section combined with Epcos, transferring to Jensen Copper foil paper in oil, Le Clanché for frequency end correction, transistors, all Duelund wiring, Mundorf pure OFC copper output terminals, Furutech input terminals and Power socket, balanced input from Amphenol, volume control relay with relay selector, full remote control (Power On / Off, selector, volume, mute) , all assembled in a solid aluminium box with solid aluminium feet, with anti-resonant pads for power supplies and tube section, etc.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Great looking amp, very professional job.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Thats a fine list of components there!
Do or do not, there is no try